Collection Agency
frusterated78

I am trying to take care of a closed account from 2015. We had made the switch to US Cellular through a buyout and the credit didn't cover the final bill. We actually ended up back with Verizon Prepaid which we absolutely love. Regardless we have an account that was turned in to collection, but I have no idea what agency and my credit report does not show who has it only that it is in collection. Verizon Billing is no help since the account has been closed since 2015. I have looked around the house and can not come up with any communications regarding a collection agency with this account. Is there any way to find out who has it so I can take care of this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Collection Agency
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you still have any old copies of the bills from the old account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
frusterated78

Yes!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you call and request financial services and give them the account number from your old bill they may be able to help.

1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
frusterated78

Tried that and they weren't much help.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Call the credit reporting agency to see if they can dig up any info?

I didn't think that someone could put something on your credit report without the name of the agency and a contact telephone number and address.

0 Likes
frusterated78

Thanks I will try that! Yah it has Verizon listed and it is listed as closed and sent to collections with no agency listed.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If it closed then it should drop off.

Still, call the credit reporting agency.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taking care of a written off account is always good, fursterrated78. Let’s see if we can help. Please response to the private message I have sent you to get started.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Drpastor1

I’m trying to resolve a credit problem with Verizon. Last year, 2021 on Good Friday; I bought a iPhone SE at Walmart in Gainesville Florida. I had it activated, but less than 48 hours later I returned it and was assured by the sales clerk that there would be no penalties or fees for canceling the sale. In fact, the clerk doing the return was the exact same person as the one who sold and processed the sale on Good Friday. Again I was assured no panel ties no fees.

90 days later I was confronted by a collection agent seeking $130. for the returned phone. After going over it, the agent said it was$10.50 and they would correct the account and send me a way to pay. 60 days later the exact same thing happened seeking $130. Going over it the agent agreed only about $10.50 +/_ was actually due. I was told they would correct the account and notify me. 

Just a few weeks ago, this showed up as derogatory account on my credit report, and yet no one from Verizon has corrected it. I’m trying to make a large purchase on credit; and I’ve no was to get it corrected.

Who do I sue? Why is Verizon so filled with liars? I’m angry, frustrated and looking for a verdict that pays back for all this and for the hours I’ve spent trying to resolve this?

0 Likes