Collections
Frustrated_customer26

I have a past due balance of 2 months. I been calling and trying to set up payment arrangement that would fit me best but verizon isnt giving me much option. I was told my service would be restored if I was to arrange a pay so I did but my service was never restored. Now verizon is going to close my account and terminate my contract early. Is their any way to handle collection? Or is their a way I can get better payment arrangement other than what verizon financial gave me? Lost my job and I really need some type of communication. 

0 Likes
Re: Collections
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To verify, are you calling the financial services department at 866.266.1445 to make payment arrangements? There is also a reconnect fee. Have you paid that amount yet? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MichelleLBr
Enthusiast - Level 1

They’ll charge you a reconnect fee of $40 per line, so even if you make a payment arrangement that you will be able to pay, you’ll still be behind because of the reconnect fees.  They make it impossible for you to get caught up and the snowball effect takes hold.  It’s fraudulent.  You can’t make another payment arrangement yourself online if you still have a past due balance, so you have to call in, and they won’t do anything for you unless you agree to immediately pay them $7 to even so much as adjust the date of an arrangement.  Again, fraudulent.  I’ve been with Verizon for over 10 years and have never experienced such fraudulent tactics to squeeze more and more money out of you in fees.  All under the guise of working with you since you’ve been such a loyal customer.  It’s a scam.  My loyalty has run out. I’d rather deal with less reception than this shady business practice Verizon has now adopted. 

Frustrated_customer26

Yes that id the financial service number I called and they did say I would be charged $7 but not until my arrangement date but the thing is they only gave me 2 days to come up with the full amount and wouldn't give me any other options. I would gladly had paid that $7 upfront if they could work out something but verizon doesn't seem to want to help out their customers. Now I'm just stuck on sending my past due to collections.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MichelleLBr, as a long-time and valued customer of 10+ years, your account concerns are our concerns too. We want to continue earning your customer loyalty and being your wireless service provider for many more years to come. We certainly don't like hearing that any of our customers have incurred reconnection fee charges. We offer our customers the opportunity to schedule payment arrangements for their account if/when needed to avoid temporary service interruption and reconnection fee charges. In these instances, planning payment arrangements if/when needed for your account is an excellent option to help prevent temporary service interruption. Payment arrangements for your account can be initiated from the My Verizon Mobile app or online. For more information about scheduling payment arrangements, please visit our website at http://spr.ly/66071lSsU. This option will help our customers avoid incurring the $7 Agent Assistance Fee. We're very proud to offer our self-service options to assist our customers in making payments to their accounts. We also recommend registering for the Auto Pay Program. This is a very convenient option to consider. You can view additional information about the Auto Pay Program at http://spr.ly/66091lSsS. I'm confident that this information will be helpful to you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for that information and we want to make sure we're on the right path to assist you. We certainly do care about our customers and we continue to appreciate your customer loyalty. I've noted your reference about having scheduled payment arrangements for your account and that you've paid the reconnection fee charge. However, I noticed your reference to having to send your past due balance to collections. Is your Verizon account still active in our system? RobertC_VZW

0 Likes