Comcast Modem/Router interfering with Cell Phone
hkypuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to post this because I was told over and over by many so called experts that this was impossible.

I have been having a terrible problem in my house with my cell service. I could hear the person I was talking to but they were having a problem hearing me. The signal was garbled and broken. Note that I live in an area with very good 4g cell coverage and I have never had a problem before. So I began searching online and trying to find out what could be interfering with my signal. I tried everything. Disconnecting electronic devices, moving to other rooms, and so on. The only thing I could do was move outside. I thought about my Router and asked online but everyone said it was impossible. Finally, one night my wife was on the phone and the person at the other end could not hear her so I said, the heck with this, and I unplugged my Comcast Modem/Router. The signal instantly cleared up. The next day I went to Comcast, told them the story and asked them to exchange my Router for a different model. The lady said she never heard of this but she'd be happy to exchange to a different Router. I hooked up the new Router/Modem and my cell signal has been fine ever since.

So the moral of the story is... Don't listen to the online experts. If you are having a problem with cell interference in your house, it could be your Router/Modem.

One special thing you need to consider. If this happens to you. Make sure your Modem/Router doesn't have a battery backup. If it does and you unplug, it will stay connected. You will have to disable the battery backup as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes