Complaint - Being overcharged and lied to
mo2kelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am being overcharged $100/month for an international plan that was supposed to be removed on May 15th. I have spoken with Verizon representatives on the phone 3 times (once per month) since then. All 3 of those people told me the service had been removed from my account. All 3 of those people told me the charge would not show up on future bills. All 3 of those people told me I would be refunded the overcharged amount. All 3 of those people lied to me.

The service is still on my account and according to the Verizon Wireless site, it will show up on my next bill as well.

I have spent over two and half hours on the phone with Verizon representatives trying to get this resolved. My wife visited the local store only to be told that the "computer wasn't letting them remove the service." 

As of today I've been overcharged $300 since May with no apparent end in sight. This is my last attempt to resolve this matter before filing a small claims court action.

Re: Complaint - Being overcharged and lied to
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a valid concern, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your experience. We work with integrity, and if there's an issue on our end, we will fix it. What happens when you try removing the international feature from your My Verizon app/account?

-Evelyn

0 Likes
AboutDone
Enthusiast - Level 2

You (Verizon) do Not work with integrity - 1st hand experience speaking. The only time I have ever been contacted by Verizon was when I left a bad review -that generated a reach out from a Quality Control person - not one of the lying call centers fulfilled their empty PROMISES to call me back. This QC guy was So nice in the moment & said he was making copious notes of my problem (few of the at least 6 other call agents apparently didn’t document anything relevant or useful - I imagine this is another tactic taught to wear the customer down til they just quit calling). Unfortunately “he just didn’t have the authority to make any billing adjustments” but he would get me over to someone who could help. One more hour of my life I’ll never get back spent with yet another bozo offshore again & another empty promise to call me back - in 48 hours…6 days later I go thru the dog dung process of calling back in after no return call and lo & behold - no notes made by the previous inept worker who wasted all of that time. I even begged that guy to give me a direct number where I could reach him back & he got huffy & chastised me that after all the time we had spent together, obviously he would call me back… yada yada such a joke (to him who got the last laugh) and sent me back into the ether.
They all make you walk them back to square one. I’ve started asking them to read back to me what their notes say about why I’m calling.
I won’t stop until it’s resolved  - a phone was ordered on my behalf during a customer compliant call with the guarantee that an offsetting credit would be applied for 36 months so that it was a net zero. Untrue.  

I won’t tolerate being lied to & tricked into a lease.  I’m not going away until someone who has the power to effect change gets involved & takes action. 

Please Management listen to the supposed recordings made of these calls. I dare you. Better yet, call in yourselves to learn how hard it is to reach someone when you have a legitimate issue that needs attention. 

mo2kelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no option to remove the international feature from my account. I'm being charged for a $100 recurring international monthly plan. The only options to remove are for TravelPass and Pay As You Go, neither of which is the plan I have. 

According to the three representatives I have spoken to on this matter there should be copious notes in the file, unless that was also a lie. 

Please advise.

0 Likes
mo2kelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just attempted to send a private message to customer service to resolve this, but the error message said I have reached the limit of private messages I can send at this time.

Apparently that limit is zero.

I have never attempted to send a private message as I did not know to whom I should address it until now.

If this wasn't costing me $100/month the shameless dishonesty exhibited by Verizon might be comical. I would like a response and a resolution, Evelyn.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply and the details when you try to remove the feature. We want to ensure this gets taken care of once and for all and removed from your account. Would it be okay to meet you in a Private Note to continue?*Christina

0 Likes
Keith44
Enthusiast - Level 2

The company is horrible.  Yesterday i was told my plan cost increased because they moved me to the 5g network... I dont even have a 5g phone.  I called tmobile right away and got more features, another line, unlimited data for 40 dollars more per month.

0 Likes
mo2kelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied to your Private Note. My name is not Evelyn. Evelyn was the name of the first Verizon representative who replied to this post, which you could clearly see if you had bothered to actually read it. 

In case I wasn't clear in the Private Note, I cannot take a screenshot of something that doesn't exist and asking me to do so instead of simply removing this recurring charge and refunding my money appears to be nothing more than continuing delay tactics on Verizon's part. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to assist you with this international plan. Please send a Private Note to begin. 

*Bee

0 Likes
mo2kelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already sent you 2 Private Notes and responded to yours. I'm getting a merry-go-round of different Verizon reps telling me they're ready to help, but doing absolutely nothing. 

Please refer to the prior posts in this thread and the prior Private Notes I've already sent. 

0 Likes