Re: Complaint about Verizon "Free Tablet" promotion
Tidbits
Legend

You win good luck. Have fun.

1976pianoman

It's not fun.  Like I said, I'm very much hurt by this.  It does not feel good.  I don't like to have to hire legal representation and do all this stuff I'm doing.  It sucks.  And it doesn't jive with the holidays at all .  

Merry Christmas everybody and Happy Festivus for the rest of us.  God Bless. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You could do what you want. The 14-30 day window is there for a reason. By waiting past that point you will not get help by the FTC lawyers will use you as a money grab win or lose. There are multitude of examples of how this model works since the 90's and the FTC has approved this model.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

2 Related persons does not make a credible witness.  It is still a he said she said dilemma.  The contract will rule. 

0 Likes
1976pianoman

We have 3 witnesses including myself.  One is completley unrelated to us and is willing to testify in court, simply on the matter of principle.  She knows the people involved at the Verizon Store as she used to work there.  She was a valued employee, but left due to the dishonesty. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then do so.  Since you are not doing so you can also consider this extortion by not doing so even though we know they are not going to do so.  You best option is to return them or take them to court. 

0 Likes
1976pianoman

We are being urged by corporate (who's actually being very helpful and cool about this whole thing) to take the tablets to another location that has a better customer service reputation.  According to what we were told, Porter Ranch is known for these dishonest practices,  yet some other locations are known for their customer service and honesty.  At another location they might be willing to take the tablets back and waive the fee.   This would divert a whole lot ugliness, drama and pain on both sides.  So I'm hoping this solution works out. 

I'll tell you this, if some other store rescues this shit storm from developing, I will be sure to see to it that they as a store and as individual employees are rewarded.  I will take all this energy focused on destruction and turn it around to help those that help us. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Who's the person at corporate?  Just for reference

0 Likes
1976pianoman

It's a team/department apparently.  No one particular person.  They are called the Correspondence Team.  They are out of Wallingford, CT. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Honestly don't believe it. If he had that type of knowledge and authority he could have simply have you submit everything to him and he'd handle everything.

0 Likes