Complaint department???? anyone???
Dragonlady58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon not give it's customers a place to voice complaints about bad customer service and pricing? Have looked all over the website and there is not a way to do it online. Only via snail mail.

Labels (1)
Re: Complaint department???? anyone???
gabriel_agosto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dragonlady58, about a year ago, Verizon wireless did have email support.  You could login to your account and send them an email about any of your issues or simply complain about a problem.  I use to enjoy that support because I simply do not have the time to make a phone call and wait for someone to research my issue -- let alone address it.  I work 12+ hours a day and when the weekend gets here, I'm so behind on house and family chores.  I use to email them with whatever I needed done and usually within a day or two, it was taken care of. 

But due to the fact that Verizon wireless has become so greedy and they simply don't care anymore about the customers (lets face it, we are only a number), they decided to stop email support all together.  They supposedly claim that you can walk in to a work shop or call customer service with any of your questions. 

Who honestly has time to walk into a workshop to address a problem?

Our negligence has gotten us in this mess and we are very regretful for leaving our previous provider.  We left due to drop calls, but we soon discovered that Verizon also drops the calls in the same area.   

Let me show you how greedy and crooked this company is. 

1)  We attempted to exchange our iPhone 4s for the iPhone5s only two days after the 14 day period.  We did not know that apple was going to release the iphone 5s so soon after we signed up for service.  We told Verizon we were willing to pay the restocking fees and order the iphone5s.  We were immediately denied.  <------- CUSTOMER LOYALTY, yea right!

2)  Verizon wireless has turned off email support.  <-----GREEDY!

3)  Verizon wireless will charge you a full month of service even AFTER you fulfill your contract and decide to leave.  They will NOT prorate your bill.  So if your contract ends on 12/15 and your billing cycle ends on 12/30, you will be charged for the full month -- even if you port your number out and DON'T USE THE SERVICE.   <----GREEDY!

4)  Verizon wireless prorates ETF charges if you decide to leave, HOWEVER, they give you a $10 credit for each month served.  But the math doesn't add up.  $10.00 x 24 months is = $240.00.  The ETF for advanced devices is $350.00.  So if you cancel with a month or two left on your contract, you're still looking at a whopping $100.00 ETF fee for each line.  This is what my wife and I call the "Verizon Iron Hold".  <------------GREEDY!

5)  Verizon wireless no longer offers unlimited data, yet other service providers do.  Yet, Verizon calls themselves the nations most strongest and reliable network in the world.  Why can't they still keep the unlimited data for customers and let us decide what we want?  Yet, they decide they are going to charge hundreds of dollars for anything over 10GB?  This is yet again <-------GREEDY!

Verizon wireless states in the contract agreement that THEY can also cancel your service in 'GOOD FAITH'.  Well, I honestly think that if you're with Verizon wireless and you're unhappy, the best thing you can do is leave in 'GOOD FAITH', regardless if you got to pay.  Sooner or later, this greed will catch up with Verizon and they will be their own down fall.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dragonlady58, I am here for you! We have many avenues for us to hear your voice. You can always post here on the community forums, you can send us a private message on Facebook, you can even Tweet us on Twitter @VZWSupport. Allow me to address any concerns that you might have. If you could provide me with details on why you are upset with Verizon we will be happy to address them for you. I am very eager to hear back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The follow request has to go to using the steps in .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sinkemlow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many avenues but no email?  I contacted a rep in chat because I couldn't find a email address and they gave me a physical address!  From a communications company?!!  FAIL.  So I called costumer service and had to tell some poor woman knowing 1.  That she can't do anything for me. 2.  That as soon as I hang up it is forgotten as if it never happened.  I am going to have to start weighing my options and decide if another carrier will provide me with a better deal/service combo.

Dragonlady58
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR,

The issues that cropped up while my husband and I were trying to replace a phone were many. On Nov 28th my husband and I went into the retail store on Eagle Rd in Boise Idaho to purchase at least one new phone, maybe 4. The young lady in the store who helped us...did not. First she indicated to us that it would be cheaper for us to wait till Cyber Monday as the prices online would be much cheaper (we needed a phone that day as I had accidentally sent my sons phone through the washing machine and it would not work). And that we could renew our contract at that time. She also indicated to us that the phone(s) we decided to replace (3 of them) would be going for 99 cents on cyber Monday.

We waited and my husband went online on Cyber Monday. We had decided to upgrade all four phones and renew our contract. ALL the prices were at least $100 more that she had quoted to us in the store. Lousy cyber Monday deals.

We went BACK to the Eagle store on Dec 8th, 2013 and ended up talking with the same young lady. SHE DID NOT EVEN RECOGNIZE US nor indicate in anyway that she had talked with us prior, once she pulled up our info. She at this time told us that the deals were better online and that we could get an instant rebate as those were not available in the retail store (why the heck not?? We have been with the company for many years now). THEN she told us to go to a mybullfrog store as we could get the rebate there and the phones for a better price.

SO we drove to the mybullfrog store on Glenwood in Boise. The prices for the phones we wanted were reasonable after rebate, once again no instant rebate, but we decided to go ahead and reup and get the phones, THAT is when we were hit with an upgrade fee of $30 per phone (online it just stated $30 upgrade, did not indicate PER PHONE). WHAT the hell???? So all in all our bill came to over $600 for four new phones, they would not transfer our data while we stood there, told us to come back in an hour.

Worse shopping experience EVER when looking for a new phone. I have sent in the stupid paper, "please jump through our hoops" work for the rebate, I indicated on there that I DO NOT want it on a visa card, bet it comes that way anyway, because your company would rather annoy the hell out of their customers than treat them well.

Long story short??? We will not be staying with your company at the next contract renew if changes are not made in your customer service area, rebate area etc...

Dragonlady58
Enthusiast - Level 2

OH and not everyone tweets or wants to contact your business on Facebook. That is just ridiculous to expect any of your customers to contact you that way, an email address would be much better. And would have kept this whole conversation off your website.

By the way, I did sent letters of complaint to a couple of address's for Verizon, not that I expect to hear back from anyone.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sinkemlow wrote:

Many avenues but no email?  I contacted a rep in chat because I couldn't find a email address and they gave me a physical address!  From a communications company?!!  FAIL.  So I called costumer service and had to tell some poor woman knowing 1.  That she can't do anything for me. 2.  That as soon as I hang up it is forgotten as if it never happened.  I am going to have to start weighing my options and decide if another carrier will provide me with a better deal/service combo.

In some ways, the Direct Message system on this community forum is the replacement for the email address option to send a private message to the VZW reps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sinkemlow
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, but Why do I need to Join this social media group; follow people and have them follow me just to get myself heard?  I just want to say what I am unhappy with. VW has intentionally mad it difficult. Instead of sending a message to someone who can actually take note of what I am unhappy with I am sitting here on a social site and complaining to other costumers.  Don't take this the wrong way but I want my voice heard by someone who matters.  Not venting about it to a bunch of similarity disgruntled customers.  After doing a bit of research I have found only 2 ways VW will keep me as a customer.  If one of those two options won't go. I am out.  The real question will be who will get my business?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have had my moments with Verizon also.   I wish you well if you chose to leave, but keep in mind, it is still the number one for a reason.   The other companies are a s big, money grubbing, soul sucking as you think Verizon is.

I was about to complete my plan to jump ship.   We had 3 phones out of contract.   All 3 were both GSM and CDMA, so I could go anywhere.   After shopping around I am still here.   Paying month to month.   Waiting for a better deal.    The number 2 network, is just as expensive.   Prepaid plans are cheaper, but the service is choked - no LTE .   Claims of high speed data are highly questionable.  

I'm not happy with the upgrade fee, or activation fee.   The cost is painful and keeps getting worse.  The employees often know less than they should in the stores.    I listened to an employee talk a woman into an upgrade when she came in with a wifi problem that would only get worse with the newer phone.   I gave her my email, just in case.   (She thought I was nuts, employee was pissed)   2 weeks later, she emailed that she loved her new phone, but I had been correct, and her new router solved all her problems.

Your experience was typical on the bargains for cyber Monday.  There were bargains on Cyber Monday, but you had to know which website to shop to get the bargains.   Many employees passed along tips, only to have the bargains sold out or miss reported, hard to find, etc.   employees shouldn't pass on info that may not pan out. 

0 Likes