Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Complaint
ShaiyaRaina

I've been with Verizonwireless for many many years. I stayed because in the beginning the service was without. I know it is the times but I never saw it getting this bad. First a couple of years ago I went on line and as always around my birthday I treat myself. I went on the site and saw a phone. I always call and ask questions to make sure that what I am getting is what I am paying for. For many years Verizonwireless didn't charge for phones so I thought let me ask and see what I can do. The Rep said that the phone wouldn't cost me and on line it did say 0. Of course I didn't know it was for new customers. I am seeing a phone now that I want but again for new customers. I know this now but at the time I didn't. I did ask and of course to make a sell the rep said no charge it wouldn't cost me anything. The phone comes and with a big over $450 price tag. I did call for months and month but I had to pay. I did get a supervisor on the phone and as you would expect her to say, I will call you back. I knew better so she gave me a number to call her. Of course she never would answer or call me back. The phone is now dead, it didn't last two years. I still have the past 3 phones that I got from verizonwirelss and they still work. Of course they are flip phones but I didn't have to pay for them. I told the rep on the phone I don't have to change phones. The phone I have a extravert cosmo still works. I just wanted to treat myself as it was my birthday. I told the rep I didn't want to have to pay any cost especially not that much. He lied. I ask over and over again for the recording to be played back so they could hear. You must know that Verizonwireless didn't want to play back the call. I did ask over and over and over again. I paid all that money for a phone that doesn't work as of Monday 11/12/18. It didn't make it to two years. I want to say I think I have been with Verizon and Verizonwireless for almost 20 years. I never will say a word about Verizon. When I had there service up in the northern states, it was the best service. I am not in the north now but still I have had nothing but problems with Verizonwireless. Customer Service depends on who you get.  I am right now without a phone and I am paying for the service. My old phone I had to go back to will not allow me to reach anyone in Verizonwireless customer service. I went on the chat and had to ask now twice for the tech to call my phone. I explained that I had to go back to the old phone and now I can't call out to customer service. The chat department did reach out to Verizonwireless customer service but of course you know how bad the service is now, I can't get them on the phone to do there job. They call.  They say turn off your phone we will call you back. You think they call me back. I am paying for a service that I can't get today. None of you are wrong when you talk about how bad customer service is. I will start this month and I will be moving to another service. You would think that this phone company would want to keep all the customer they can with all the phone services out there now and cheaper. I stay with this company because I was getting what I payed for. Not anymore. I am so tired trying to get them to do there jobs and you just can't. I have read several of the complaints and you all that say you are going to another company. I'm with you now. First to lie to the customer to make a sale. Wow really to get a customers money. You know a company has sunk low when they have to do that. I said no thank you if I have to pay. I have to take the time to see who has an okay service and cheap phone. Most people today don't have a land line so if you don't have your cell phone then you are without a phone. There could be an emergency. I am so tired of this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complaint
mama23dogs
Legend

There are no free phones anymore.  In the old days costs of phones were included in service costs.  This is no longer the case.  Phones are separately  purchased With no interest purchase plans. 

You not understanding the new business model is not Verizon’s fault.  You say you read the sales page, which is clear that you do pay for phones, prices are published.  How you thought otherwise makes no sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShaiyaRaina, we never want you to have issues with your service, and we're sorry to hear you have had difficulty getting your phone to work. We would be happy to look into this right away. So we can better assist you, what specific issues are you having with your service and device?

0 Likes
11CHUCK81

I understand. I switched from sprint because of major issues. I got hustled at the beginning. I was told I get a hum and a tablet as part of the package. Won't cost me extra a month. Turns out it does cost me. I'm paying $20 a month for the tablet access fee and $5 for hun device and $5 for access. I went back to see why. The lady told me its not extra because you get the military discount.whats the point of a discount if I'm just paying for something I didn't need. Anyway it was to late to return so I was stuck. No customer service help. I called a few times trying. After a year I was going to upgrade and change to TMobile. I finally got customer service to help. They gave me an extra $30 a month which covers what I was paying so I said great. That was cool. Upgraded 2 lines. I got a Pixel 3xl. Had a battery issue and got a different one. This one started having phone call issues. Now it was to late again they say. I ended up being able to change it for a Note 9. Had it ordered and even on black Friday with $400 off. The problem with this was they charged my card for the taxes and got declined for some reason. They ended up saying they had to cancel that order and start a new one. But I had to wait a day because of the system. And also said they would honor the original black Friday deal. Next day I can no longer order the phone. On the phone over 2 hours trying to make this right .i told then what I was promised. Asked them to please review the phone conversations because the notes on the account were a mess. Finally said the would put that request in. Now I am waiting to hear back. Probably saying we are sorry but we can only do a warranty exchange for another pixel 3xl. I even upgraded my tablet to a Chromebook on the basis of me getting the note 9. Right now I can still return the chromebook, which I am really considering and going to T- Mobile. I'm probably not explaining this correct with all the details but that's the jist. I am a disabled veteran with a mental vulnerability to to an injury in Iraq and think the are just taking advantage of me because I'm to nice on the phone. I don't like to yell but I am getting angry. Very disappointed in Verizon right now. I really hope they come through but I am doubtful. They say they really want to help but it's a mess. I am even willing to forget the black Friday deal and just get the note 9. I need a phone that i can depend on with great service. I just need someone to help me who can help me.

0 Likes
Jiny0303
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could you show me how to file complaints for your in-store customer service?  They cheated and tricked their customers.

Katharine K.
Jiny0303
Enthusiast - Level 2

Katharine K.
0 Likes
Jiny0303
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched from ATT quite a few years ago, b/c Verizon promised better customer service.  In the past few years i had no problem with Verizon till this morning.

I had prepaid plan, and in April I received a promotion that switch to $50.00/mo getting 8G+7G data.  I went though the plan didn't see any other restriction.  There's an extra benefit if the customer signed in auto payment they would get $5.00 discount per month.  Since last time I used auto pay ended up losing thousands $, I'd rather stay with regular payment with $5.00 extra but not worrying about other issues later.

But till this morning, I didn't see the 7G bonus showed up on my account.  So I decided to call 611 the customer service line. I started calling 611 @10:08am, when I reached the automatic system and asking for customer service, the automatic system forced me to chosch from following options: 1. Update credit card. 2. Checking balance 3. Changing plan 4. Changing options 5. Having difficulty to use phone 6. Other options.  Which is none of my problem.  So I said "customer service" again,  now came out"we are sorry about your difficulties, good bye" Seriously? Then I tried to call again, this time I selected option 6 hopefully can lead me to real people, after about 2 minutes struggling with their opinions, here came "We are sorry about your difficulties, good bye" again.  Do you really feel sorry about your customer's difficulties?

So I had no choice but to go to a local store hoping for good, and ran into someone who doesn't even understand basic english sentences.

I walked into the stor

Le, and told the first person I need some help with my plan, I called 611 phone line got automatically hang up twice, she told me someone would help me when they have time.  Then a guy came to me asked what I needed, I repeated that I'd been hanging up by customer service line twice, so I came to store see either they could help me or they could help me to call customer service line from store.  Now he started arguing with me that I must enroll in auto pay to get that 7G bonus.  I showed him the plan on my account stated very clearly was $50/mo 8G+7G, he showed me there's a line said about "auto pay" Screenshot_20190506-190706_My Verizon.jpg

I told him to read carefully, it only stated if I decided to enroll in auto pay, I would get a $5.00 discount, but didn't say I had to enroll in auto pay to get bonus.  So he went to get and tablet showed me the statement on their tablet, there were two sentences stated like this way (I might missed some in between):"a $50 plan customer gets 15G data per month.  The customer who enrolls in auto pay gets $5.00discount per month." I told him again to read these sentences and understand them, they are irrelevant to each other, there's nothing stated that I need to enroll in auto pay to get 15G/mo if I'm willing to pay $50.00/mo.  He still insisted I had to.  So I asked him to help me to call customer service, he refused to and told me to use my phone to do it myself.  Great, now I asked to talk to the store manager, here comes even a "great" manager Mr. Carlos Cabrera.  I asked him to look at my plan, he just kept saying one sentence"you need to enroll in auto pay", I asked him to look at their menu, trying to point out  those two sentences, he took the tablet away and said:"don't touch my tablet". "Then could you print out so we can look at it please?".  "No, this is our private menu.". First, if a manager didn't know tgeit own plan, he should not be a manager.  Second , if a manager knows the plan, but trying to misleading customer (s), that's illegal.  Third, if a consumer set a plan to customer, but having under table menu to guide their customer service, I believe that's illegal too.  Forth, if a customer required a print out of service policy in store, and store manager refused to do so, I think it's also illegal.  And Verizon had this kind of manager in store, do you really care about your customer service??????

I was really frustrated and raised my voice (I do apologise), now Mr. Carlos Cabrera told me to leave or he would have security to kick me out.

I left store, had no choice but to call 611 again, tried all possible option finally get to a customer service alive.  Actually it only took 10 minutes to solve my issue, but it's 12:47PM, meaning I spent 2H40M to deal with a (supposed not to be ) problem which could be solved in 10 minutes.

And I finally had a chance to talk to a customer service supervisor Mr. Marvin, he listened to my complaint patiently, really made my day after almost 3 hours crisis.

Katharine K.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jiny0303 Sorry to learn you had a bad experience at one of our stores. This is the type of news we never want to learn of. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service to all our customers. While we can provide feedback for you, if you like you can enter it on your phone using the My Verizon App. If you don't have the app you can download it from the store. If you have the app, open it and go to the bottom and select feedback. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Jiny0303
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your feedback on the app only for app NOT in store or phone call experience......

Katharine K.
0 Likes