Complete lack of customer service is why I am leaving Verizon after 9 years
slmcowan2

I have been a loyal customer since 2007 and because of Verizon's complete lack of customer service I am taking my 4 cell phones, internet, and cable business elsewhere!  I recently decided to try the new Droid Turbo 2 because I had bad luck with iPhones getting damaged too easily.  I've had the phone for less than 2 weeks and after many hours of trying to trouble shoot a texting issue with the new phone with tech support to no avail I took it to a Verizon store to exchange it for a new iPhone since I never had this issue before. I was publicly humiliated by the store employee who announced to the entire store that he could not process an exchange for me because my account was past due, mind you by less than a week, and I left the store in tears. I had also told him and his manager I had made a payment arrangement to pay it later that week which I did and yet they still refused to help me until the balance was paid.  Less than a week later when I paid the balance I contacted Verizon customer service again to try to get the phone exchanged and was then told I was now past the 14 day exchange period (by less than a week) and they could not help me either.  Bottom line is after 9 year and the thousands of dollars I have paid Verizon over those years I would expect better treatment, a little empathy and a little flexibility.  I have a phone that I am not happy with that still has issues I cannot get fixed but Verizon's stance is too bad that's our "policy". Worst excuse for customer service I have ever seen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complete lack of customer service is why I am leaving Verizon after 9 years
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slmcowan2,

This is definitely not the type of thing we want to hear about. Your long time loyalty is very much appreciated & would never want for you to leave us. I do apologize that the store representative provided a negative experience. We always want for your phone to work like a well oiled machine. I would like to take a deeper look into what has happened & how we can find a resolution. I’m going to send you a Private Message so I can gather much needed information. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Raydo99

I would recommend trying to elevate this to their executive team.  Try googling how to do that and we should find either a phone number or email address that you can use.  I don't believe they allow that info to be posted on these boards, but there are other boards where it can be found.

0 Likes
traciegreene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who ever you are from Verizon you say the exact same thing to every post. Instead of saying I am sorry do something about all these problems customers are having. The reason you can't it because you are not a real person just an automatic reply. Customer should never have so many problems. I work in customer service and their is a problem I go well and beyond to do what is right for them. I have been with Verizon for 20 + years and never can get any help or any flexibility at all. Going to change carriers I am so tired of the problems.

0 Likes