Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conflicting report of data usage warning vs online stats
vzforumid

Received a text today that said we were at 90% usage in our family plan. Went

online, aside from the GB+ carryover from last month, the online stats show:

You have plenty of data
remaining for the month.

802.71/3.39 GB remaining

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Conflicting report of data usage warning vs online stats
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I don’t blame you for alerting us about these mixed messages, vzforumid.  I imagine that if the reverse had been true, then we would be having a different conversation. Nonetheless, this must be looked into.

With a few days having passed, did you use additional data to get another text? If so, then what did that one state? If it’s not already active, then is Safety Mode on or off?

Here’s more about this great feature that will avoid overage: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/safety-mode-faqs/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzforumid

I don't understand your response. I posted that we received a message TODAY stating our data usage was a 90%. Online stats today said that our usage was at 20% (80% free). I'm not sure what you mean by "with a few days having passed" since I posted today about a message today.

Thanks for the tip about Safety Mode. We're not interested in changing our plan at this time.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If you have the new Verizon Plan, you already have the option to enable Safety Mode on your account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzforumid

Thank you for the tip about safety mode. We are not going to change our plan. My concern was that we were told we only had 10% data left, but the online stats said we had only used 20%, so 80% left.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Which plan do you have? The only plans with carryover are the New Verizon Plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes