Confusing....
eyeswideopen

Hi,

I am considering switching from T-Mobile back to Verizon due to T-Mobile coverage, or lack of coverage, in my area.  Verizon appears to have gotten better in the past 2 years based on what I see with the phones that service repair folks have when they come to the house to do work.

But, I cannot easily make sense of Verizon's plans.  I really just want to see their plans & cost, then I want to choose a phone.  T-Mobile's plans are so clear and easy now: $80 per month for 2 smartphones for 500mb of data...that is all we use data-wise, if we even come close to that.  I might check movie start times, I might check the sports scores on Sundays, I might check email once in a while.  That is all we do data-wise.  Verizon chat line has been tied up the past hour or so and I was wondering if anyone here has any help they can provide.  Does Verizon have a plan for $80 per month for 2 smart phones, or 1 smart phone and 1 non-smart phone (for my wife who does absolutely zero on-line anything) with unlimited talk & unlimited text?  The cheapest I can find for Verizon is about $130 plus fees, insurances, etc...I think ..

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Confusing....
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the www.verizonwireless.com site, click on Plans at the top.  Verizon's cost would be $40 for each smartphone, plus your data package (which includes unlimited minutes/texts plus mobile hotspot).  1 GB of shared data would be $50.  So for two smartphones, you are correct -- the cost is $130 plus taxes/fees (and insurance, if applicable).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

And for one smartphone and one basic phone it would be $120 plus fees ($40 smartphone line + $30 basic phone line + $50 for shared data and unlimited minutes and text)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not confusing at all. Pick a device. In your case 2 smartphones. At $40 each that's $80. Or for 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone it would be $70( $40 for the smartphone $30 for the basic phone ).Then pick a data plan. Verizon lowest plan is 1 GB which is $50 a month. $80 + $50 is $130 or $70 +$50 =$120. So $130 for 2 smartphones or $120 for 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone.

0 Likes
info4u
Contributor - Level 1

Actually the lowest data plan Verizon offeres is 300MB of data for $40. It is not offered as 300MB is a very small bit of data, but it is still a plan.

Not applicable

info4u wrote:

Actually the lowest data plan Verizon offeres is 300MB of data for $40. It is not offered as 300MB is a very small bit of data, but it is still a plan.

You can't get that on a family line only a single line. The OP was clearly mentioning TWO lines

0 Likes