Constant Dropped Calls
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

How terribly odd that so many people are having the same problem, are being offered the same solutions, and continue having the same problem.  I am consistently dropping calls when I am mobile.  I am in Minneapolis, so its not as if I am in some podunk outer rural setting.  I called and spoke with a rep who walked through all the settings in my phone and assured me that it would solve the problem.  It didn't.   I called back and was told that replacing my SIM card would resolve the issue.  It didn't.  I called again and was told to factory reset my phone and that surely would fix the dilemma.  NOPE!!!!

Every time a call dropped, I would attempt to place the call again and I would be an error message on my phone that says:  "Connect to a WiFi or mobile network to make this call."  In the middle of a metropolitan area?!?!?!

I have spoken to several tier 2 tech reps, have been promised call-backs which never happened, and wasted upwards of 8 hours on the phone with Verizon.  You used to be the shining example of customer service and cell service.  SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!!!!!!!

What's even funnier is that when I attempted to respond to other threads regarding this issue, I continually received an error that said 'vzw has redirected you too many times.'

I am presently waiting on a replacement handset.  If the problem persists.  I am canceling my service with Verizon and moving to carrier pigeon.   Seriously, as much as I can't stand Comcast, at least I will get a bundle discount and maybe better cell service.  

0 Likes
Re: Constant Dropped Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a reliable connection, and we would never want you to have to settle for lesser service. In that regard, should your trouble continue with this new handset, we will be here for you. Please let us know if so. We would be happy to apply an extra set of eyes to the matter. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Bridgers77

I too, am consistently getting dropped calls. I am so frustrated and I have talked to so many people reset my phone a million times, re-synched, spoke to tier 2 who states there is an issue. Put a work order out and Verizon comes bank with “nothing is wrong.” Telling me once again to reset my phone. I have even traded in my phone to a refurbished phone from them and I didn’t even pay off the new one yet. The guys Nick and Zach were awesome and I would’ve disconnected my service by now. I’m trying one more time and i am disconnecting all 3 of my lines from this awful service. Btw, this has been going on since January. Good luck everyone. Don’t use Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, Bridgers77. We know how important it is to have a working phone and we apologize for any frustration this has caused. We want to get a second opinion on this situation and look into this further. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together.

-Gerson

0 Likes