Contract end date
CALCAS88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Long story short:

I ordered a phone from a physical Verizon store. They didn't have it in stock. They ordered from their warehouse. Shipped directly to my address. I refuse phone because I bought a used one from a friend while I was waiting for delivery. Phone is returned to Verizon's Fort Worth, TX location. The phone was signed for by Verizon on 10/20.  It is now 11/10.  Why does my account still show a contract end date of 2018? I returned the phone that I ordered and I have no device payment agreements on the line in question. When, if ever, will Verizon remove this from my account? I would like to order a new phone in the near future but I'm being told by the website that I must pay off the device first... the device which I sent back and Verizon received exactly three weeks ago.  Fix this, Verizon.

PS. I posted this previously and was contacted by someone claiming to be a Verizon representative offering to help me.  They asked for my phone number and account password.  Here is the text of that message:

"rashadm_vzw

We can definitely help check on the status of your returned phone. So we can look into this, please provide your phone number and account passcode."

That's all they wrote.  It seems very sketchy, so I did not reply.  Why on Earth would a Verizon representative ever ask for a customer's account name and password?  No thank you.  I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contract end date
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are a legitimate Verizon Wireless employee. They are asking you that information because they need to verify your identity before they can access your account. They would ask the same thing (name and billing password) if you called the customer service number at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone. If you are uncomfortable providing the information in a Direct Message (private message), you could have replied asking them to call you first and provide a contact number for them to call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Contract end date
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You could go back to the store and have the rep that ordered the phone for you call in. Or just call yourself. We can't fix that here for you.

0 Likes