Coronavirus support in NYC
Alan5000
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter lives in NYC and is on my cell plan.  She is on GetMore Unlimited.  As a College student at CUNY in NYC she now needs to attend classes remotely using Zoom on her Mac Laptop.  She is obviously holed-up in her apartment and can’t go to a place with Wi-Fi because of the virus. Since she is normally at school she doesn’t have cable for the internet.  She has to use her phone as a hotspot and has run out of hotspot data. I first called Verizon customer support and was told there was no way to get her more hotspot data.  So then I tried a second time via chat.  This time the chat person told me they would add 5GB to her account.  I thanked the person for this!  Then I checked my account and was shocked because I was charged $35.  Perhaps I was naive in assuming that because of the pandemic Verizon wireless would help out pro bono.

0 Likes
Re: Coronavirus support in NYC
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you seen this?

For Unlimited Data Plans

• 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to your plan’s existing 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot allotment (most unlimited plans include 15GB or 20GB of 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot data standard)
  • Eligible plans include: The Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go/Beyond/Above Unlimited Plans, Start/Play More/Do More/Get More Unlimited Plans

From  COVID-19 FAQs 

0 Likes