Costco disaster
BECLAB13

Why is it that the Costco Verizon reps make false claims about services and rebates?

In 2016 we switched our service feom Tmobile to Verizon after 12 years because our new house is not well covered by TMob.. Att is not strong here either. We went to Costco in the Woodlands, Texas and spoke with a rep at the kiosk. We were told we would receive 1000.00 worth of Costco

giftcards as a rebate. It took almost a year to receive the rebates. I understand it was not really a Verizon issue, but they are your sub contractors.

We got no help from VZW customer care, who were very un-sympathetic to our concerns. Costco finally manned up and resolved the issue after 9 months. Fast forward to today, My spouse and I were having issues with our rural wired internet, so we went to the Verizon Corporate store in Conroe, Tx. 77301. We met a very nice employee who was very happy to tell us that we could switch our home internet to VZW with a home smart hub aand that we would have a 22gb. throttle cap on the device, because it is a home and landline solution. I specifically asked him if the terhering

cap would apply to the device, to which he said no. That was another misstatement of VZW policy, our "Smarthome Hub" has a 10 gb cap. It is

a hard cap which drops us down to 600k after 10 gigs. What possible use is that? We spent over 200.00 for a router that is useless half of the month and we are paying 20.00 each month for the express privilege of owning this piece of [Removed]. More VZW "misstatements" , or just out and out lies, take your pick. Forward to today's latest VZW drama, My daughter and son in law switched from TMob. to VZW in Mid July. We went through Costco again, (stupid), to set them up on our account. Guess what? More lies! Our kid could not afford to switch because they just got new I phone 7 pluses. She and her husband were told by the Costco/VZW rep, " No problem, VZW will give you up to 650.00 per line to switch, and you will receive it all in Visa gift cards". It is now September, and after back and forth emails with the switch department and the trade-in department, we are now being told that Costco is wrong and VZW will pay 315.00 for each IPhone 7 plus (2) and the remaining rebate will be in credit on the VZW

bill. You guys are masters of deceit. How do you sleep at night? My suggestion, don't believe anything a VZW rep tells you.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Costco disaster
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BECLAB13,

This is disappointing to hear. We always want you to have a stellar experience with us here at VZW. I do apologize for what you've gone through at the CostCo location. It isn't that we didn't want to help or were indifferent to your situation, it is that CostCo has different systems and promotions, and while we can help with your account for service and tech support issues, any promotions through CostCo have to be handled at that location. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. I hope this helps.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

A rep at CostCo is not even a CostCo employee let alone a VZW employee. They are employees of a third party company that buys its devices from Verizon Wireless and sells them to you. When CostCo is offering a promotion with the VZW Third Party kiosk inside their store it is just that....a CostCo promotion.

As far as the switching promotion, all of those details are available on Verizon Wireless' website. They are not hidden and it is explicit on the terms and what is required to receive said promotion.

My best advice is to stop dealing with this kiosk inside of CostCo.

BECLAB13

Joseph,

Thank you for the polite and courteous response. I know Costco has it's

own promotions, my point is that Verizon should exercise some quality

control over the whole process. I know Ford and GM take very seriously the

experience  of new car buyers

Who purchase their products from a third party, i.e., the car dealership.

That is my point.

Furthermore,  Verizon has several employees at corporate

Stores that don't  understand their own promotions well enough to explain

them to customers. The 800-×××-×××

Customer Service folks tell us one thing, then we go in the actual Verizon

store and we are told something completely  different. I don't  think they are

Misleading on purpose, but, to me it speaks of poor training down line. I

know Verizon is a giant corporation and won't change anything at all. I

just wanted to let you know.

Thanks,

Brad [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

On September 11, 2017 8:13:12 AM vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BECLAB13,

Your feedback is truly appreciated and will be lifted on your behalf. You should always be provided accurate information verbally, that matches the written terms and conditions of the promotion or plan you're signing up for. We sincerely apologize for your experience.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes