Coverage area change past 2 weeks
Felnak
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been a Verizon customers for 10+ years and 3 years ago we moved into East Texas, Emory area.  Coverage was not great but it did work in our house and outside.  We recently renewed and went with the newer Galaxy S21, they have better antennae supposedly and thought it would be better.  There really was no change, until about 2 weeks ago.  Now we cannot make a phone call in or outside our house and we have to go up the road about 2 miles before we can.  Only saving grace has been wifi calling, but never needed it before.  What has changed in our area, and what can be done?  Having just renewed our service is worthless in or outside of the house.  We used to be able to use our phones all the way home or once we left our home and now we have to get almost all the way to Emory.

We live on the West side of HWY 69 about 4 miles south of Emory TX of CR 2370, zip is 75410.  Looking for some kind of help.  And we have tried turning off the HD Voice, it did nothing to help.

Andrew

0 Likes
Re: Coverage area change past 2 weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Felnak

We do show that our towers in your area seem to be working as expected with no alarms. Although the towers are functioning properly, that doesn't mean that issues don't exist. Your ability to receive optimal signal will be based on your distance from the cell site, if the site has a clear line of sight to your location that would allow the Radio Frequency (RF) signal to penetrate into your area, terrain and tree foliage (heavier foliage does obstruct RF signal), new construction in the area among other environmental factors.( just to name a few but not limited to only these)

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/

Do other Verizon customers have issues when they visit your location? Is the issue with just your device or all that are on the account in that location? 

0 Likes
Felnak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for responding, I personally can attest that over the past 2 - 2.5 weeks that is both my phone and my wife's as well as the other two phones on our account when they came home a week and a half ago.  I have spoken with my neighbors and they also have the same issue.  I understand the foliage issue, but being that we actually have fewer leaves now than a month ago, it seems that it should have gotten better not worse.  This is very very frustrating especially since I work from home, and not knowing if an emergency call is going to go through has me very concerned as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Felnak, this is a long time tio be dealing with these issues. As we do want to get to the bottom of this, please respond to the private message that has been sent. -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes