Coverage at Work
at22frustrated

I recently switched jobs and my phone is basically useless in my new office in zip 11201. There is no voice or data service when I am inside my building (not in the basement). Call barely come in and are dropped imediatly when they do, and I can't get a strong enough signal to make any calls. The data service is at most showing up as 1G and usually not even working at that speed. Can anything be done, or I am going to have to switch providers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage at Work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

at22frustrated,

We definitely want you to have the service you need where you need it. Indoor coverage can certainly be a challenge and cannot be guaranteed due to factors outside of our control. Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather. Do you have these concerns outside of this location? Are you aware of other VZW users with similar concerns?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why are you using your phone when you should be working? Do you have a desk phone? If so, forward your cell number to the desk phone. Otherwise find out who your coworkers use and switch.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is unlikely you will be able to overcome this problem unless the building owners install cellular repeaters throughout the building at their own expense.

You could look into other providers but then you run the risk of losing reception in OTHER areas you currently have it.

NO provider has the best coverage in ALL areas. Otherwise that one provider would be far and away the leader in customers, regardless of price.

What phone do you have? Verizon is currently rolling out wifi calling capabilities on their phone. Currently, it is available on some recent Samsung devices such as the S6 and S6 Edge. It is only a matter of time before more phones have that capability. This may not help you with calls as you walk into the building, but for having service while in your office if your office has wifi, it may be an option.

0 Likes