Coverage decrease
Korwin19

I moved into my house a year ago and I used to have 4-5 bars of LTE signal. My whole family has now dropped to 1 bar and so have several of my neighbors. I have tried initiating a chat to address this but am getting no response. I rely on this signal to work from home during the pandemic. Is there anything I can do to get this resolved? 

0 Likes
Re: Coverage decrease
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a number ways to get support for a signal issue. Whenever there is a loss of signal where it was previously good, we can do some troubleshooting and then submit a network trouble ticket. I will send a Private Message through this platform so we can go into the specifics.

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
redsoxrule
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have this problem.  We have a cabin in the woods - the only cell service that we could get was Verizon and only then with a signal booster that I bought.  It wasn't great - but it worked good enough. Earlier this year the service went away.  Checked the signal strength via the iPhone - the signal went from fair to non-existent.  Given the Verizon signal strength at my new home location (just moved) is only 2-3 bars, I've begun exploring other options.  Hate to leave after 20+ years with these guys, but, enough is enough.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as a customer. I do understand how important it is to have great service. What are the cross streets and city of where this issue is happening? Is this a network Extender that you have at this location or another device? How far do you have to travel before service improves?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Mpalbury
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Northeast Tennessee just outside Elizabethton. I too have noticed over the last several months poor reception for my Verizon phones. I have an unlimited data plan and I've only used 3 gigabytes in the last 3 months. I'm always Wi-Fi calling now or hooked up to the internet in order to actually use my phone online. I went to a Verizon store and they said the towers went down here. I call Verizon and they don't want to confess up to anything.

0 Likes
Mpalbury
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are not what they used to be, it's almost as if AT&T took them over or something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with service out in Elizabethton, TN, and with getting customer assistance, Mpalbury. We want the best for you and we're determined to help figure this out. Please let us know the nearest cross streets and zip code of the location where you experience the issues primarily. Are the issues inside, outside or both? I know that have advised of poor reception and a need to rely on Wi-Fi Calling but how is texting and mobile data impacted exactly by the reception issues? 

-Ryan

0 Likes
ProgressiveBadger

I've begun referring to them as One-Bar-Verizon on social media.

I've got the same problem is a suburb of Milwaukee.  We had 4-5 bars for years, and lately we've got one bar.  I contacted Verizon on 4 separate occasions.  They never responded.  I'm now looking at moving all 7 family phones (grandpa/grandma too).

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes