Coverage getting worse
telekclan
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems that the coverage at my home has gotten worse and worse over the last year.  I am to the point now where I can get 1 bar of 4G then it switches to 1 bar of 3G and back to 1 bar of 4G then 1X, then disconnects all together.  I have no other internet where I am and no home phone lines.  We used to be able to run our computer through the mobile hotspot on our phones - now we can't even check facebook or email or send photos via text on our phones let alone connect via hotspot most of the time.  This happens on both my husband's phone and mine so I don't think it is a device issue.  I can't even make a phone call when it disconnects all together.  Is there a way to have Verizon check the tower since it's been worse the last 3 months?

Labels (1)
Re: Coverage getting worse
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they open a trouble ticket to investigate the tower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

telekclan, I can certainly understand your concern in regard to not receiving service that is expected, and I am here to help. Thank you for being a loyal customer and giving us the opportunity to help as well. Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. We are unable to guarantee coverage indoors and I apologize for this inconvenience. Depending on whether your poor coverage is indoors and or outdoors we will have some options for you. Is this happening just indoors or outdoors as well? How long has this been happening? What is your zip code?

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KarenG71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in rural sw Iowa, NO carrier had good service where I live.  I have had Verizon since my younger daughter went to college in 2004 and she informed me that we were getting cell phones.   As time went on and the phones improved, things became slightly better.  In June 2022 I "drowned" my 3G phone.  I had purchased a 4G LG exalt on Ebay, when the old phone did not survive I turned it on.  What a shock!!  It went from a phone with a tendency to drop calls and maybe needing to send a text several times before it went to not having a signal long enough to even make a call, and the signal blinking on enough for texts to come through a couple of times a day for very brief periods.  After much time on hold and fighting the automated system, best opinion was that I was on someone else's towers and they had made a change.  To add insult to injury, managed to drop the phone on the way to the front door, totally could not find it.  Couldn't call it, as NO SIGNAL.  After a very long call to Mike, a tech, he agreed that they would send me a free flip phone after all of my years of being a customer.  ($79.99)  ( I had told him that I was leaving on vacation, had to have a phone, and if they couldn't see fit to send me one I would be checking out trac phone or consumer cellular.) Then came the activation fee.  After another period on hold, he said that they would also waive it. I had told him that if they provided me with the phone I would just live with having to use a calling card for long distance calls on my land line and know that it would not work when at home.  SURPRISE!!  Got my bill, no activation fee, but had $80 some dollars for the phone plus tax.  When I called on that, I was told that Mike had made note the waiving of activation fee, but no note of the free phone.  I do feel very lied to and taken advantage of, as I would have gone with the other options if I had been told that I had to purchase the phone!!  So, now I feel free to complain again.  They seem to have no idea whose towers they use to get a signal to me, and no desire to try to get the signal back to original strength.  No longer  a happy customer.  Karen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KarenG71, We never want you to feel lied to or taken advantage of, and we do want you to be happy with your new device. We've sent you a private message. -Arya

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KarenG71,

Hi and good afternoon. I'm saddened to hear you feel betrayed with the sale of your device. We'll gladly look into the details. We'd like to be on the same page. What make and model device were offered? What expectations were set?

-Arya

0 Likes
KarenG71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Ann, I have called MANY times since the problem happened in June.  Mike had been the most helpful tech, left me a voice mail while on vacation with comments on a couple of different problems that had happened on the towers I am supposedly using.  However, when I returned home, there had been no improvement.  The last tech basically said that I am not on Verizon towers and wasn't anything to be done. 

KarenG71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Inside and outside, since June 18th, when the 4G phone was turned on.  Do not do social media of any kind, currently am at the library in Shenandoah IA, do not have internet at home.  Live 7 mi from here.

0 Likes
KarenG71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, my ADT started having failed tests about the same time, a scheduled upgrade to 4G for the box was not done as when the tech was there he said that there was not a good enough signal to work.  I guess that they are going to hook into my landline someway next visit.  

0 Likes
KarenG71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was sent a eTalk flip phone.  That wasn't even a brand that I was told that you carried at the time of call. I was NOT expecting to be billed.  Mike had finally said that they would send me the phone based on everything.  Then we got going around on the activation fee, after another period on hold he said that it was going to be waived also.   Then came the bill with the charge for the phone, and the woman I spoke to said that he had noted that they were waiving the activation fee,  but no comment about a free phone.  Trust me, I would NOT have paid $80 for that phone.  It can be found much cheaper on ebay, plus for not that much more a higher quality phone could be purchased.

0 Likes