Covid 19 Teacher discount
ksaintv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's wonderful that Verizon has added teachers to the emergency responder's discount, however, Verizon did not include preschool teachers.  As a preschool teacher, I feel we are putting our health and the health of our families at a greater risk, as young children do not and can not practice social distance.  I get sneezed on and noses are wiped on me, along with an occasional potty accident.  Young children are shown to get the virus and be asymptomatic, meaning, we have no clue that we are being exposed.  The children we are caring for are the kids of first responders.

Re: Covid 19 Teacher discount
c18587
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Preschool teachers should also get the discount.

In addition, all of the support staff for the teachers should qualify.  It takes a village to teach students, not just the person with the "teacher" title.  Why are only "teachers" getting the discount.  What about the cafeteria workers who still have to hand out free lunches everyday and the other support staff?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for your service to the community and the children especially during this difficult time for our nation. We do appreciate your feedback and we will use it to continue working on expanding the programs and relief efforts we area able to offer. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/teachers-discount-faqs/ is a great resource to stay updated on any future changes. YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

c18587 We are all in this together and it would be great if everyone could get a discount no matter where we go or what we do. Verizon is always looking to help. This is what we have done so far:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/covid-19-faqs/

DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Johnny991

I think it’s offensive that teacher who are sitting at home are getting a discount. My kids school was canceled for the year. I am  Loosing money 1/3 of my income because I am forced to stay home from work to homeschool them. Do I get a discount? I am their teacher now.
I think it’s totally offensive that all front line worker like grocery store Workers and restaurant workers are not included. These people are truly risking getting sick. Not sitting at home! 
My wife is a account she is Essential and going to the office every day to help small business applying for government PPP Loans to help save business and save people jobs. She taking a risk to help others. 
Just very offensive that Verizon does not recognize all essential front line workers.

0 Likes
Dimsdale
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Johnny991,

I am a teacher at a parochial (Catholic) school, and we are holding instructional Zoom classes all day, every day, and have been since the end of March, and will continue until school ends in June.  Unlike the public schools, we are teaching new material and not using Pass/Fail courses to lower standards.  If your school has dropped the ball and forced you to home school rather than providing alternative means of instruction, you should take it up with them.   The teachers are getting paid, so they should be teaching.  I know I am, and Zoom takes up a LOT of bandwidth, as do online instructional videos, so I can appreciate the discount as a way to get an Unlimited plan and serve my students better.  I also have to compete with my family's bandwidth needs as well, so every little bit helps.  Nobody is happy now, but at least Verizon and others are trying to make life a bit easier.  The difference between teachers and other front line workers is that, to do their job, the teachers HAVE to be online, while grocery workers and restaurant workers do not.  I hope this all works out for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dimsdale, we appreciate you educating our youth and the future of tomorrow. This is not an easy feat in our current state of the world. We are glad that the additional 15GB has been helpful. We are striving to keep all of our customers connected. As the circumstances of the world changes, we plan to change with them. 

Lastly, thank you again for continuing to mold our young minds. 

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes