Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Currently have unlimited data plan, do I keep if I upgrade my device?
tiburblium

I currently have an unlimited data plan, I'd like to upgrade all devices on my family plan to iphone5s(s) when released.

I need to confirm that I will keep my current unlimited data plans, it looks like Verizon only offers tiered data packages now. I don't really want to switch to a different service provider right now, but losing our existing unlimited data plan will force my hand.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Currently have unlimited data plan, do I keep if I upgrade my device?
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you upgrade your lines by signing new two-year contracts to get subsidized phones, you will lose your unlimited data and be switched to a tiered data plan for each line.  Normally you'd be put on a 2GB for $30 data plan, but right now Verizon would switch you to a 6GB for $30 plan if you also participate in the Verizon Edge program (I haven't seen how long this promotion will last).

If you want to maintain your unlimited data (at least for now), you'd need to pay full retail price or obtain the phone somewhere that doesn't require a new two-year contract, like ebay or swappa (i.e., probably not a new phone).

0 Likes