Customer Service Inconsistencies
socksfan1918

I called into tech support on 8/25 to get help with my gs3 that was acting like the power button was stuck on.  I mentioned upgrading to a new phone as I am due for an upgrade on 9/30.  The rep said that she couldn't approve an upgrade but someone higher would be able to.  Once I spoke to the next level of tech support the rep said he could not upgrade me as Verizon has a maximum 30 day limit on upgrading before your provided rate.  He a assured me that if I called back in today that they would be able to upgrade me no problem.  The first rep I spoke to took an inordinate amount of time only to tell me he wouldn't be able to upgrade me and to call back on 9/23 as they could only upgrade 7 days early.  Meanwhile, I'm still stuck with a poorly working phone.  I asked the rep if they could see any notes about my call on 8/25 and he said he could see that someone had spoken to me but had no record of the rep saying I could upgrade today.  He thought that maybe he had said if I called back today I could get a replacement phone for my gs3. If I had wanted a replacement phone, the third one mind you, I would have gotten one on 8/25.  So I asked him to transfer me to someone who would upgrade me and the rep I spoke to said I'd have to wait until 9/8 when my account would be reviewed for eligibility for Edge.  I asked if I went with the standard plan and paid the 2 year contract price could I upgrade that way and he said no I'd still have to wait.   I cannot believe the inconsistent dates I was given by each rep.  All I want is to get a new phone on the edge plan so that I don't have to keep messing around with refurbished phone as.  It seems like the phones just give out after a year do it would be nice to get a new one every year.  I also would like to be treated like a valued customer, not a liar.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Inconsistencies
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You CAN get a new phone every year, or whenever you want in fact. Just pay ful retail. I never understood though why people expect to get a brand new replacement phone when the phone they need replaced is used.

best wishes

Re: Customer Service Inconsistencies
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Anything before 9/30 would be a bonus on upgrading. This is what extended warranty and insurance is for. You can get a replacement and then wait until your upgrade date to get a new phone. I can't wait until there is no such thing as a 2 year contract and everyone has to pay full retail.

0 Likes