Customer Service actually recommended I switch carriers
mikeh7237

I thought this was hilarious and completely indicative of how much Verizon cares about keeping it's customers.  I "upgraded" to a Windows 8x in December of last year (yeah, I know, first mistake).  The phone has been nothing short of a disaster.  I am on my 4th replacement.  Of course, they have all been refurbished, and now this one is acting up as well.  All I want is a reliable phone that I don't have to replace every 4-6 weeks.  I called Verizon, and the rep I talked to said my choices were to get another refurbished phone, buy a different model at full retail, or pay the ETF and go to another carrier.  He actually said paying the ETF and switching would be the cheaper route and is probably the best option.  I have been a customer for over almost 10 years now, and I never thought this would be the response I would get.  Amazing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service actually recommended I switch carriers
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

Four replacements is a lot, that has to be user error. That being said, what do you think they should have offered you?

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service actually recommended I switch carriers
mikeh7237

"User error"?  Ha!  The first one stopped recognizing the SIM card, the 2nd had a faulty battery (it would drain completely after 4 hours in standby.  With no apps running), the 3rd would randomly reset, and this one the sound works intermittently (I have to reset to get it to work again).  These are all known problems with this phone at this point (customer service even confirmed that).   I need something that will be reliable.  As much as I pay monthly, I'd like to be able to use that service.  All I wanted was the ability to get a different device.  Maybe let me return this and let me buy something else at a discount.  It wouldn't even need to be at a new contract price, but not at full retail.  They seem to have an abundance of reconditioned phones that they consider "like-new", let me buy one of those.

0 Likes