Customer Service is no help. Why is there no email for customer service?
majorfarm

I have been a family plan member since 2008. We always pay our bills on time, upgrade our phones and are great loyal customers. Last month I upgraded my sons phone and we were grandfathered out of our unlimited data. At the same time he moved into a new apt that has no internet. While waiting for service he was on his phone for everything. We ended up with an astronomical bill for this month. I called twice and asked if there was anything Verizon could do to help reduce the bill and got NO both times. Not even a one time courtesy reduction. I was told for an extra fee next month I could pay to limit my sons usage. Horrible customer service! You would think Verizon would think twice about loosing good clients when T Mobile is offering no contracts and unlimited data for $80 a month. Epic Fail Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service is no help. Why is there no email for customer service?
Not applicable

Point one, you are responsible for all charges to your account. Why if your child racks up huge data fees would Verizon have to give you money off? Think?

Point two, you should curb your sons usage or it will happen again and Verizon will as is right give no rebate of any monies your son is using via data.

The unlimited data was not grandfathered out, it was lost because you opted for a device purchase less than full price. It has been this way for quite some time. Pay full price or use the device payment plan (not edge) and you retain unlimited data. Pay a subsidized price and lose unlimited data.

Good Luck

majorfarm

First of all NO ONE at Verizon ever explained to me that I could keep my unlimited data by paying full price for the new phone. So Bad customer service with that. I'm guessing you work for Verizon since you seem to know all the details that regular customers aren't informed about.... Had I ever been notified that I had a choice I would have chosen to pay more for the phone.

As a long standing customer I would expect Verizon to offer me some solution to keep me as a customer. My son is now with T Mobile on their 80$ a month unlimited talk and data plan. BTW my son is a very responsible college student, we have had the same plan since he got his phone. The data switch was the problem. Thanks for your concern "elector".

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you see a Verizon Avitar by my name? No, it is a avitar of my iPhone. Not an employee of Verizon.

However I keep up to date on what Verizon posts at their web site, on the forums, in the newspapers and on the TV. The policy has been that way for two years now.

Verizon does not need to kick money back to you for data used by your responsible son.

And hopefully he will enjoy T-Mobile? Don't think of asking them for a rebate. They charge full price for the device, they charge an activation fee, they also have terrible coverage outside major cities, their customer service is absolutely terrible with lying and adding or removing features off the account. So good luck on that.

The invoice many times is never the same amount. But you do what you have to do.

Good Luck

0 Likes