Customer retention
EJ708
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had any luck with the "customer retention"?

I called and talked to nice guy, but he really didn't answer my question.  I am looking at getting a new phone, but since I moved to my current location, I've had horrible reception, one or two bar mostly.  I was wondering if there was anything they may do to keep me with Verizon, instead he takes me through cleaning out memory, resetting the network, and ends with I should get a new SIM card.  About a month after I moved, I bought a new phone, thinking this would help but nothing changed. I sucked it up, and eventually, I got a land line.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer retention
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your current location doesn't have good signal, then the only solutions would be to change to a provider that DOES have a strong signal where you, or wait for Verizon to add new towers.  That process can take months, even years.

Any kind of a "retention" deal they could offer would not change the fact that there is little to no signal, so you are probably better off asking neighbors what provider works best in your new location.

0 Likes
EJ708
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is what I will probably end up doing, but even if there was a way Verizon could get three bars continuously.

Being a loyal customer, 19 years, gets you nowhere nowadays.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what you expect "Verizon" to do.  They don't guarantee signal everywhere, no provider can promise that.  Simply because you've been with Verizon many years, and you moved, doesn't mean they can automatically provide you with the same quality service in your new location.

Figure out the best provider in your new location and go with that.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

All newer phone are Advanced Calling and WiFi calling capable. You can get the new phone and enable this feature and your home wifi network will fill in for the lower signal strength at your home. Verizon (nor any other carrier) has ever guaranteed any connectivity while inside of a structure. This includes your home. This is not a reason for Verizon to offer you something to stay. Odds are that no carrier is strong enough to cover you inside your home if Verizon isn't. Your township and local government are not playing nice with Verizon and allowing them to put up tower to cover you. Not Verizon's fault.

0 Likes