Customized Moto X (2014, 2nd gen) for a Business Account
snoodacris

I work for a company that has a Business Account with Verizon, and I'm eligible for a phone upgrade.

I want to purchase the new Moto X (2014, 2nd generation), but I would like to get a customized Moto X through Moto Maker.  After customizing and going to buy the phone, the Moto Maker site asks for the last four SSN of the primary account holder.  I tried supplying this after speaking with the primary account holder at my company, but that did not work.

I chatted online with a Motorola customer service rep through Moto Maker's site and they said that I need a PIN from Verizon for Business Accounts.  I could then select the option, "I have a PIN from an in-store purchase" on the Moto Maker site and theoretically skip any account verification steps.

I went to a Verizon store with an authorized person on my company's account and they had no idea what I was talking about.  I spoke with three different people, and two of them didn't even know you could get customization beyond white & black.

What is the actual process here?  I've read a handful of threads online where people claim to have purchased the phone in the store and they received a PIN from Motorola via email.  How did that communication happen?  Specifically, what do I need to ask for from a Verizon employee to be able to receive a PIN to make the purchase through Moto Maker?

Also, what does the PIN actually provide?  Is it simply telling Moto Maker that I can purchase the phone at the 2 year contract price without entering any account information?  And Verizon knows to mark my upgrade as "received", and they send me a PIN to claim it through Moto Maker?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customized Moto X (2014, 2nd gen) for a Business Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snoodacris,

You've asked great questions and I definitely understand the confusion here. Let's clear the air so you're able to enjoy your new phone soon.

The first verification you were asked to provide while customizing your phone is the Verizon Wireless account verification. This is a password only the designated (from your employer) representatives have and can verify. If you don't have it, you need to contact the account managers for the wireless account.

The second PIN you're inquiring about is the Moto-X code is for the redemption of the Device selected using Moto Maker. That is provided by Motorola.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
snoodacris

Thanks for the response.  A few follow-up notes/questions:

After selecting "BUY" on the Moto Maker site, there are three "Plan Types" to choose from:

1.  From $499.99 - Unlocked phone without a contract

2.  From $99.99 - With a 2-year contract

3.  Bought in store - Use a PIN purchased in store

I obviously don't want to select #1 because I'm eligible for an upgrade on the Business/Corporate account that my number is associated with.  I want to get the discounted price.

If I select #2, I can then select "Verizon" and then "Use phone upgrade and renew a two-year contract agreement".  From there, I am asked to enter my mobile number, zip code, and last four digits of the primary account holder's SSN.  There is also a note on this checkout page that says, "Business and Corporate accounts cannot be upgraded through this site."  So, this doesn't look like the correct path.

From threads I've found online, it seems like the only way to get this to work is through receiving a "PIN" from Verizon that can be used on the Moto Maker site.  In your response, you said that the PIN is provided by Motorola.  Are you sure about that?  From all indications on the Moto Maker site, this is a PIN that is provided by Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for offering some clarity, snoodachris. I am showing every indication in our system that the email containing the PIN is generated by Motorola within 10 minutes of us sending them the confirmation of your order. The order must be placed in the store at this point for the business account.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
snoodacris

Thanks for the response.

The PIN coming from Motorola after a purchase is made through Verizon makes sense.  So, what do I need to communicate to Verizon to make a purchase that will trigger a PIN being delivered from Motorola to me?

I went to a Verizon store today with an authorized person on my company's account, and the Verizon reps had no idea what I was talking about with regards to making a purchase in the store and receiving a PIN for Moto Maker's online site.  They told me they couldn't help me and that I had to do everything online.

0 Likes
snoodacris

Moto X by Motorola

YaleK_VZW

This issue is still not resolved.

I want to get a customized Moto X through Moto Maker for a Business/Corporate account at the 2 year contract price (I'm eligible for an upgrade).

What do I need to tell a Verizon representative so I can kick off the process of claiming my upgrade and receive a Moto Maker PIN from Motorola?  Every Verizon rep I've spoken to knows nothing about this process.

0 Likes
JohnnyWalker

"... the email containing the PIN is generated by Motorola within 10 minutes of [Verizon Wireless] sending [Motorola] the confirmation of your order."

This does not seem to be the case. I went to a local Verizon Wireless corporate store yesterday and placed my upgrade order on my Personal Account (not Business) for a Moto-X code for the redemption of a 32 GB Moto X using the Moto Maker and more than 24 hours later I am still waiting. This is completely unacceptable.

Would you please double check your information?

0 Likes
JohnnyWalker

"... the email containing the PIN is generated by Motorola within 10 minutes of [Verizon Wireless] sending [Motorola] the confirmation of your order."

Again, I would like to ask ... Verizon Wireless Customer Support, would you please verify the statement you made?

I ordered my phone more than 48 hours ago and I am still waiting. Is the process broken on the Verizon Wireless side or the Motorola side?

Thank you.

0 Likes