DO NOT USE VERIZON TRADE IN - You will not get the value reported for phones purchased outside of Verizon
dontuseverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

TL;DR - Verizon screws you on the value of your existing phone if it's not purchased from Verizon

Used trade in program for 2 phones to get new iPhone 13's on the recent promo.

iPhone 11 purchased from Apple - trade in value $700.  Final credit $350.

iPhone SE purchased from Apple - trade in value $350. Final credit $200.

Both trade values decrease due to "Device carrier was different than expected." Both phones were purchased from Apple to use on Verizon and only activated on Verizon.  

Total reduction $450.  I would have never done the trade in with that expected value.  

I called multiple times and each time they said I would get a credit. The credit never appeared and called again.  Credit would be applied. Called a 4th time and the rep said I wouldn't get the credit despite the the prior reports I would.  

False advertisement from verizon.  I'm planning on switching carriers now. 

Re: DO NOT USE VERIZON TRADE IN -
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. It saddens us to view this feedback, and we're here to help in any way we can. We'd certainly regret losing you as our customer.

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Re: DO NOT USE VERIZON TRADE IN - You will not get the value reported for phones purchased outside of Verizon
UrbanOwl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your Pain!! I am literally dealing with this Myself This MORNING !! Verizon did literally the same thing to me but on my Apple watch.. Will be posting my exp. Here in a few mins !

Urban Owl
DJ/Producer/Record Label Owner of OWL RECORDINGS
UrbanOwl@owlrecordings.com
Re: DO NOT USE VERIZON TRADE IN - You will not get the value reported
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@UrbanOwl ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, but when you submit a device to be traded in, any information you provide on that trade is going to have to match what we receive. Your trade value will be affected otherwise, and that does include the correct carrier of the device. 

-Russell

0 Likes
Re: DO NOT USE VERIZON TRADE IN - You will not get the value reported for phones purchased outside of Verizon
dontuseverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

FOLLOW UP - Followed BBB complaint.  Within a day Executive Relations fixed the issue and called me.  

Turns out there were errors in their system and processing.  Full credit given.

Thank you, Verizon, for doing right in the end.