Data Did Not Not Reset With Billing Cycle
Niian
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the title states, my data did not reset when my billing cycle started on July 26. My minutes and texts are fine... it's just the data. My first call to Verizon Customer Support was Tuesday, July 31. Since then, they have admitted the problem was on their end (the first person I spoke with simply told me that I could buy more data to avoid going over) and that I wouldn't be charged for going over this month. But, other than that, nothing has happened. It's been almost two weeks and I've spent hours on the phone with probably 15 different people; a few said they will follow up with me, but none actually have. I haven't been using my phone for internet unless on a WiFi network because, at this point, I don't think this will be resolved and I do think I will be charged for going over my 4 GB. I'm also worried that it will not reset for the next cycle.

My question here is, has anyone else experienced this? And if so, what did you do? Am I talking to the wrong people? It seems like the people who solve the problems are unreachable.

I was patient, but this is just taking too long. Any help/support would be greatly appreciated. I feel like posting here is my last resort.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Did Not Not Reset With Billing Cycle
budone
Legend

Are you looking online for the info or the My Verizon app?

Have you called #DATA to see if it is up to date there?

0 Likes
Re: Data Did Not Not Reset With Billing Cycle
Niian
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've looked online, checked the app and called #DATA. Like I said, the people from Verizon have even admitted to having a problem with my account. My issue is that even though the ticket is "high priority" nothing is being done. I'm looking for some alternate channel of customer service that might be more effective.
0 Likes
Data Did Not Not Reset With Billing Cycle
Niian
Enthusiast - Level 2
So I just spoke to probably one of the best reps at Verizon. First of all, he was able to accurately confirm my actual usage for this month. In addition, he informed me that he's seen this problem, recently, and it will fix itself at the change of the next billing cycle. He also provided me with his email address and set up follow-ups that I believe will actually occur.  The other gem of information I received was that my trouble ticket went to a group that is working to see why this problem is occurring and preventing it from happening in the future. I was so frustrated because I thought they were taking so long to reset my counter while they are actually working at the root of the problem. This man was definitely not reading from a script like most of the other people I've spoken to Confidence restored... for now.