Data boost
PoorService1

I was recently given a complimentary data boost in exchange for my trouble and time wasted talking to customer service, after exceeding the 30 Gbs of 4G LTE data through the hotspot my plan provides. My hotspot data remained throttled to less than 600 Kbps after the boost was applied to my account. I called back and a Verizon manager told me that everything was working as it was supposed to, and that because I had used 35 Gbs of data through my hotspot this billing cycle (30 Gbs high speed and 5 Gbs throttled) there was no guarantee that a data boost would provide me 4G LTE speeds. Essentially, the data boost was retroactive, and because I had already used 5 additional Gbs of throttled data before I got the boost, it applied the data boost to the already used 5 Gbs of data thst I used beyond the 30. The manager told me they would credit me the $35 the data boost costs because it wasn't working at 4g speeds, even though it was supposed to be complimentary initially. This sounds like a terrible s.c.a.m and, frankly, I can't believe that is how this option is meant to work. Does anyone have any experience or feedback regarding this issue? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Data boost
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Everything we do these days seems to rely on an internet connection, PoorService1. We are glad to hear that you were not charged for the Data Boost, especially since it did not work as you were advised it would. Having a plan that suits your needs is essential and you can change plans any time your needs change. For reference, you can review customized plan options here: http://spr.ly/6605JgFkc

0 Likes
Re: Data boost
PoorService1

For anyone curious, I was able to speak to a member of Verizon's tech support. He explained that regardless of how much data you have used, when you purchase a data boost, you get the next Gbs of data used at high speed, as it should be. I cannot believe their CSR managers are so clueless and have the nerve to speak to customers they way they do, especially considering they are so misinformed. I will be switching providers after a week of dealing with the CSR team to no avail. I wish I knew to contact technical support initially. If you need help, make sure you get a member of the tech support team. They seem much better informed and more interested in helping their customers.

0 Likes