Data speed unlimited plan for seniors gets throttled
sdfla

I am on the 55 plus plan and am all too often finding that I am not getting a response to  my web browsing in general. I am in South Florida and am not talking about airports.  This has been going on now for some time.  I guess from reading this thread that the problem is not throttling but prioritization.  Have two phones on the plan and use approximately 10 gig per month total for both phones.  The voice service has been fine.  Is this prioritization issue or a service issue?  

0 Likes
Re: Data speed unlimited plan for seniors gets throttled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read of this ongoing service issue, and are here to help! In a few moments, you should receive a Private Note from us. Please reply there, so we can look further into this issue with you. 

*Gabriel

0 Likes
Unhappycustomer14

This is clearly not just a “senior” issue but rather a South Florida issue. The cellular service down here is absolutely terrible and getting worse as time goes on.  I have literally zero cellular service in my residence, leaving me without the ability to contact anyone or use my phone if and when my internet service goes out due to storms.  We’re not just talking one bar of service .. I mean absolutely NO service, to the point that my phone usually reads “SOS” if I am in my residence and not connected to my internet service, which luckily is NOT verizon.  And then your company has the audacity to charge the absurd charges that you charge.  And lately, this service issue happens sporadically in New York as well.  I do not know what is going on with Verizon these past few years but your prices and added in surcharges just keep on accumulating and increasing while your service has degraded and is virtually non existent down here.  When I have called your “customer service” half the time I can not even understand the person, but aside from that they “run their tests” every single time, wasting hours of my time, to always get the same response in the end—— that is all they can do.  AKA— I’m just sh*t out of luck? Seems pretty absurd when you guys charge close to $70 for this service of ONE phone.  This is my last and final attempt to get some actual customer support to actually fix this problem— so I can use my phone in my own house.. and not receive your “SOS” coverage alerts in my own residence and around the area. I’m tired of it. After this, if it is not remedied I will not only be switching carriers, but I’ve done some research and see this is an overall major issue in south Florida with Verizon— so I will be taking it further and plan to get third parties involved in this major issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read about your service concern. We'd like to take a look. We have sent a private note. ~Peter

0 Likes