Dead Zone Philly (19104)
Jourmarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello! I would like to report a dead zone in my block (200 block of S 44th St in Philadelphia). It’s been getting worse and worse over the last couple months. I have side l service outside of my house. I got a new SIM card and got my iPhone 13 checked at Apple. All their diagnostic tests came back fine. So I know it’s not my phone. I am mostly at home these days, since I work at home. But it’s gotten unbearable. I miss calls with no notifications, calls drop, I can hardly ever check my emails on my phone. It’s terrible!

0 Likes
Re: Dead Zone Philly (19104)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We regret to hear that you've been having service issues. When did the issues being?

*Leyla

0 Likes
Jourmarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! It’s been about a little over a month? But it’s been especially terrible the last 2 weeks. I’ve lived here 4.5 years and never had this problem. But the issue resolved itself when I go 2-3 blocks over in any direction. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jourmarie, thank you for sharing this information. Making sure you are able to keep a consistent connection is important. Let's continue to review. Is this only occurring in your home? Do you know if others in your area are having the same experience? Also, can you please confirm that your device has the latest Software Update? Please go to your device Settings> General> Software Update to view the details. -Sylvia

0 Likes
Jourmarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_supportI’m not sure about my neighbors, but my phone works everywhere else! Also my iPhone 13 Pro is completely updated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jourmarie,

Thank you for the details. Do you have Wi-Fi at this address? Have you tried Wi-Fi calling?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Jourmarie
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support I do have wifi and wifi calling works better. But the most reliable call is turning my phone on airplane mode and doing FaceTime audio. It’s very frustrating, especially bc I can’t do that for work calls, and I’m often not receiving calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing this information. Making sure you are able to keep a consistent connection is important, especially for work. We do want to make you aware that we cannot guarantee services indoors as many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. Connecting your devices to Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Calling will help enhance your indoor coverage experience where you may need it most. Can you please clarify if you are having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi Calling? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes