Dead Zones
Ribbitchick

Is it just me or are there dead zones getting worse? I have been a customer of Verizon since before they were Verizon (anyone remember AirTouch?). I have always been able to say that I don't have signal issues. All of a sudden, there is a several mile stretch of a dead zone during my commute to and from work that in the two years prior has never been an issue. If i can't rely of the use of my phone if there were an emergency during this commute what's the point of having the service? Time to switch providers?? One can't help but wonder if this is this part of built-in obsolescence of cell phones? A way of forcing customers into buying new phones? 

0 Likes
Re: Dead Zones
mama23dogs
Legend

Upgrading to a 5G phone is not going to solve the problem. It is very likely that the sunset of 3G is going to cause some larger dead spots, especially in rural areas. I have a booster in my car, you might want to consider one yourself.

No matter how much T-Mobile blows its horn, it is likely that Verizon will remain the king and rural areas.

If you want to try out another carrier, do so with caution knowing that once you leave you may not be able to get your Verizon plan back. T-Mobile has a 30 Day Test Drive, free.  I don’t know when that program is going to end. If you want to try out AT&T you have to try postpaid, with a throwaway number, because prepaid does not have the same rural coverage in many areas. Trying out AT&T will not be cheap. I would recommend asking around with other people and find out what their experience is with other carriers.  Ask on Facebook.   Anyone who has never had anything but T-Mobile or Sprint is going to tell you it’s wonderful even when it stinks. Do you want the opinion of someone who has tried multiple carriers.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to troubleshoot any service concerns that you may have. It is our intention to ensure our customers remain connected to our network. Is this occurring consistently in one area, or does the device appear to work at times in these dead zones? *Robert

0 Likes
Ribbitchick

Robert, these 2 areas seem to be consistent dead zones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also rely on my device for everything and want the best signal. We'd like to investigate further. Please check your private messages to get started.  -Tracy

0 Likes
amarige25

we would like to report a dead zone too that's been going on for 6 months in a residential area at 104 Washington St., Thornton, CO. 80233. when he drives there to go to the grocery store in King Soopers in the shopping center. He said he can't load internet pages and his phone doesn't work at all in the area. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the bottom of this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long has this been going on? Do you know if others are experiencing similar issues? -Joel

0 Likes
Jeff139
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many other people experience this problem of dead zones.

It seems to occur each time there's a major system upgrade based on this message board. A public announcement or counseling from Verizon that this will occur with each major system upgrade would be helpful because then we would know if we should just wait it out.  It seems like the technical people don't understand or not aware of the pattern.

I had 34 days of no service in my neighborhood.  I have no signal indoor or outdoor and I have received the videos about low signal and using Wi-Fi calling or a signal booster. The issue is dropping every call while I go into my apartment complex parking lot. Of course I can't pick up the Wi-Fi at about 1000 feet away.  I've worked this hard with the agents and I have been on tech support more than 30 hours in the past month.

My second issue is Verizon Unlimited is back up for my DSL service. Using Wi-Fi calling or a signal booster depends on me having perfect performance on DSL.  DSL is not perfect either. Verizon is my backup or primary at times. 

I'm trying to adjust my expectation and understand that my neighborhood will just not have Verizon service outdoors.

I have state-of-the-art equipment or Hardware. 

0 Likes