Dead spots galore in East Tucson
bpmike83

I'm on the verge of switching providers because I have been having dropped calls for months in certain areas of town that should not be having dropped calls.  Tucson AZ, I have never had one dropped called while driving and talking on blu tooth or directly on the cell phone.  But, after I switched to Verizon to get a sweet deal on a new Motorola G Stylus from Best Buy, I have been getting a ton of dropped calls on or around these roads in particular, in certain spots:

Broadway Blvd intersection at Camino Seco, the entire length of Old Spanish Trail between Camino Seco and Harrison, parts of South Kolb, and Irvington.  It is very bad with dropped calls and if it doesn't get any better I'll be going back to ATT or trying T-Mobile.  There is a ATT tower right outside my old apartment complex on Golf Links and Wilmot, and I always had 4G LTE, full bars anywhere I went, and now that I moved further east on Old Spanish Trail and Gollob Rd, area code 85710, my signal is garbage, but thankfully I've been able to use Wi-Fi calling while in my apartment.  

Speaking of the apartment complex I'm in, I can walk around the entire complex and while outside I notice I get almost full bars of 4G LTE around 3/4 of the complex, yet the 1/4 side where I live I don't even get LTE.  That makes no sense.  Also, where my pool is outside, it usually gets no signal whatsoever.  I have no idea how 3/4 of the apartment complex gets 4g LTE when my side gets almost nothing.   The dropped calls are the bigger problem, however, and it's gotten to the point where I'm tired of my recipients saying "hello?"  every 3 seconds while I can hear them, and they can't hear me, and then a minute later it just drops.  That happens on blu tooth or direct cell phone in usually the same spots on the roads mentioned above.  I never had that problem with ATT on any road in Tucson, AZ, in any zip code.  

Hope it gets better soon or I'll be leaving Verizon for good.

0 Likes
Re: Dead spots galore in East Tucson
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bpmike83, we understand the importance of staying connected at home and around town. We are happy to troubleshoot to get this resolved for you. Please respond to the Private Note we have sent. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
bpmike83

I have not been able to open the private note in my mail.  The link did not work and now it won't let me even view it.  the message cuts off here:

"To begin, please validate your account using the link below.    By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information..."
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with opening the Private Note, bpmike83. When this happens, we would recommend clearing your browser history. In the meantime, we can complete some troubleshooting with you here. We truly don't want to see you go and want to ensure you're getting the best possible service where you need it most. There are factors outside of our control that can cause signal interference when indoors or in certain locations. This can be caused by foliage, the line of site with towers, congestion, and the foundation of the building or vehicle just to name a few. Have you noticed what signal shows on your device when in those areas? Do you have any issues with text or data in those areas? Does anyone else in your area experience the same issue with their Verizon service? -Danielle

0 Likes