Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Deceptive business practice - sales rep Deborah on chat
HubJ

Hi,

I just wanted to share my horrible experience with sales reps on chat.
I wanted to get an IPhone XR for my daughter and there was a promotion $150 off but apparently you could get it only if you open a new line. I didn't know about that at that time, I just asked sales rep (Deborah) what promotions they have. I'VE ASKED TWICE if that promotion works when I just upgrade one of my devices. She confirmed that (I do have screenshots with her answer) and she placed that order for me.
I've received a confirmation and guess what it was for a full price without any promotion and besides that she didn't even mention that there were other promotions for other IPhone models too. After I found out about that wrong order I connected with another sales rep (Roslana) and she had to cancel that first order and she placed a new order for Iphone XR with a new line and I got it with a $150 off promotion. She also did not mention that there were other promotions. After placing that order I found out that the same promotion applies to IPhone 11 and I can get a better phone if I spend a little bit more money, but guess what she couldn't place a new order for that IPhone 11 because my account was put on hold because it had 2 pending orders 1st one for XR (cancellation takes a few days) and the 2nd one that she just placed. She said that once I get XR I can go to store and change that to Iphone 11 but guess what the promotion for Iphone 11 is gone and I won't be able to get it.
My advice to you, DO NOT TRUST any sales rep, check twice everything, it was my mistake that I did it.
That actually might even end up better for me because I've checked T-Mobile and I am going to switch my 5 lines.

0 Likes