Degradation in Signal/Reception
HatingVerizon500
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've searched many of the questions/discussions about recent signal degradation, all OVER.  I used to have great service, as well as my friends and family who also use Verizon. Now, we are ALL experiencing POOR reception that includes dropped calls and calls that go through but you can't hear one or the other person on the line. We also have been experiencing a lack of LTE where we used to have it.

You USED to have the best coverage. Location? All over Northern, Northwestern Colorado. Doesn't seem to matter which city - it's happening in Ft Collins, Loveland, Berthoud, Longmont, Lyons, Estes Park (we had GREAT LTE there, nope, not anymore).

What gives Verizon? IMO buying a "network extender" is NOT the answer, especially when it used to be great.

Labels (1)
Re: Degradation in Signal/Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HatingVerizon500, we are saddened to hear that your services have not been all that you have been expecting. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. As you indicated that this seems to be happening within a large area, do you notice if there is any change between indoors or out? Have you added any new apps, games or software recently? Are you experiencing any issue with text or data?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HatingVerizon500
Enthusiast - Level 2

[Note: it's interesting how it assigned a "name" to me of HatingVerizon500 - I just want to go on record that I did not choose that name]

There is no noted difference between indoors or outdoors - actually, it really doesn't matter. When we had good service indoors, we now have bad. When we had good service outdoors, it is now bad.

None of us have added new apps. It is not limited to a certain "OS" - meaning, it's all types of OS: iOS, Samsung, LG, doesn't matter. None of us actually use our phones for much other than talk, text, and occasional social apps. To note, my Father has an old school flip phone and doesn't use anything but voice and has noticed the same degradation in service.

As mentioned previously, yes, there is an issue with text & data. Where we used to have LTE coverage, we have little or none now at times. As you know, iOS sends messages using iMessage if available. Lately, it is not available as often and is sending texts as SMS messages. Which kind of sucks if you don't have unlimited texting.

Also to note - the company I work for here in Colorado is also experiencing a huge issue with Verizon coverage affecting our business applications/servers/networks. Perhaps you all should consider that maybe you're being hacked? Just a thought...

Based on the extensive number of complaints recently, I don't think this is limited to your cell phone customers. There seems to be a definite issue with your overall NETWORK that I am hoping you can address so you don't lose your "bread & butter" customer base of your average cell phone users.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HatingVerizon500, it's vital you get the most reliable service. I appreciate the additional detail. I would like to investigate your account settings in-depth. Please check your private messages so we can continue.

Tracy_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DENFIT60
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been on Verizon for the last 20 years with no problem...until a few months ago.  We're lucky if we get 3 bars around our house now.  Most calls get dropped.  Verizon support suggested I use Wi-Fi Calling.  How about Verizon just restore my wireless phone service back to what we had?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us DENFIT60.

We appreciate your loyalty for 20 years. We always want you to have reliable service especially at home. I'll be happy to help and look into this for you. What is your Zip Code? Does this happen indoors and outdoors? What services are impacted: text, data or just calls?

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
JoulesEliz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been having problems. I put in a ticket and they told me no one else was complaining and to use my WiFi (which VERIZON doesn't pay for) for calling or buy an extender. Why pay 90$ a month for something I can't use. They also suggested I get a new sim card, restore network connection and restore phone.

Can we get service back? What gives VERIZON, why tell everyone to buy a extender or use our WiFi??? Seems like a cop out to me.

Would like to add, that it doesn't matter if my phone doesn't have anything but default apps, it still says 1-2 bars. I am running the most current iOS and am lucky to get 2 bars LTE. 3G is virtually unusable.

Roca17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and on two lines Android/ iOS and just recently switched the iOS to visible ( verion service) and nothing changed for the phone. Weak signal to no signal from Vero Beach, Fl. Agusta, ga. kenesaw, ga. (Where I have a really bad issue with calls not coming in at all in zipcode 30144) and 4G connection not even  loading up google.com in Gainesville, FL. Really considering going back to project fi or at&t if I can't get reliable service at a $90+ price point.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roca17, It would be sad to see you leave the family. I am sorry to hear you are having signal issues. I am here to assist. Are you experiencing issues with your signal indoors and outdoors? What plan are you on? What services are being affected due to the weak signal?

Justin_VZW

Roca17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on an unlimited plan and I have problems indoor and outdoor. Call quality is the most frustrating, voice breaking up on either end and dropped calls. I had a problem with my other line which I gave to my mother, where it would always ring on the callers end but not on her end. If I'm not mistaking that's against fcc rules and when she took it to the Verizon store no one could help her. That's in the area code I mentioned earlier. There's issues with you're internet quality and speed as well, will show full signal LTE and I will have to restart or manually reset my internet.