Degradation of service in NYC/Jersey Shore
TVJ

we have 4 lines and have been with Verizon for several years.

starting about 6 months ago we noticed that the quality of service has dropped drastically.

LAck of signal, dropped calls, texts not sending or receiving, it has gotten really bad to the extent where we are wondering why we are paying higher to be with Verizon.

we all have new Samsung and apple phones and have tried everything.

i Have asked friends and they have noticed it as well.

is there something going on that I don't know about? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

thanks,

ted

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Degradation of service in NYC/Jersey Shore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to make sure we provide service you can depend on at all times. We’re here to help. This has us concerned. Please provide us with more details. Does this occur only in your home? What’s your zip code?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TVJ

MY zip code is 07764 but the service has become shoddy from New York City down the coast to my home area.

i Am having trouble with dropped calls and lack of signal on a. Regular basis since May of this year.

we have other phones on the plan that also have the same issues. Even text messages are taking longer to be sent if they go at all. I had better service with att. I switched to verizon for he better service and we used to be able to use the phones in our home but that also stopped In May.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVJ, it is important to us that you have reliable service. To better assist, we need to narrow down the area where you are encountering your issues. Is it mainly at your home or during your travel? What is the most common issue you are having?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lanskya

I would like to say "Me Too."  I also live in New York City (Zip Code 11106) and starting about seven, eight months ago, it seemed like the Verizon wireless signals were becoming erratic in my apartment.  In rooms in which the signal had formerly been rock solid, suddenly the number of bars on my phone would change wildly when I moved just a few feet.  Calls would drop out unexpectedly and often I could not understand the other person because the transmission was so choppy.  I thought it might be my phone so I changed phones but the problem persisted.   A lot of new residential construction is going on in the area, I thought that might have something to do with it?  Thanks.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThat would be absolutely correct. Buildings can cause service issues.

0 Likes
TVJ

In my home area and surrounding areas and also where I work which is 11223.

I cannot give you one area since the degradation in service is pretty much in the entire area.

It just doesn't work as well as it used to and it will cost you customers.

For argument's, sake let's say it centers around 07764 and 11223.

There is usually not enough reception to make or receive a call and text. Data is at 1X so I am rarely seeing LTE.

This was not the case for many years up until a few months ago.

Something big must have changed and I am sure someone at Verizon knows what it is.

But as of right now I am looking to move, no reason to pay higher monthly rates if the service isn't better.

Ted

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This absolutely has me concerned, TVJ. We want you to get back to enjoying the service you're use to so you can remain our valued customer. There's been some great enhancements to the networks but also lots of changes to the features the phones offer. You mentioned you have newer iPhones and Samsung devices. Which models exactly?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TVJ

Two phones out of 4 are having issues.

One is an iPhone 6S and the other is a Samsung Note 5.

The other two phones on our account, another 6S and a Samsung S6 seem to be OK.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply, TVJ. We’d like for you to spot check a setting on each of these mobile phones. The setting is for the new enhancement called HD voice. For the Samsung Note 5 head this way : http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-174079/
As for the iPhone 6s, to turn on HD Voice:
Tap Settings.
Tap Cellular.
Tap Enable LTE.
Tap Voice & Data so it has a check next to it.

If these are off, then we recommend turning this free feature on to test for improvements.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes