Degrading coverage in Chesterfield, MO 63017 Olive and White road
frschaumb48

My wife and I both have Verizon cell phone through our employer.  She works from home and I also do part time.  We have had Verizon for years and in the past 6 months, the coverage has continually gotten worse at our home.  We both have newer phones (Samsung galaxy s9, and Iphone 😎  same issue with both phones, very poor call quality, only in our home area.  Calls are dropped on Olive road frequently due to poor coverage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Degrading coverage in Chesterfield, MO 63017 Olive and White road
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frschaumb48,

Degrading coverage is never something we want to hear that our customers are experiencing. We are always working to provide the best network for call quality and data. The good news for you is that there is not any form of service alert in the area, but we want to explore all options for a resolution.

Are the call quality issues occurring specifically inside your home or in the general neighborhood as well? How far away from your home zip code must you travel before service improves and the dropped calls stop happening? Are you and your wife utilizing Wi-Fi calling or a Network Extender at your address?

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frschaumb48

The coverage hole is around our neighborhood.  We have tried wifi calling, disabling hd calling.  No improvement.  There is a 1/2 mile stretch of olive road from ladue and olive to almost Appalachian trail that constantly drops calls.  Many of my neighbors complain of similar issues in this area.  Since nobody knows how to complain, it does not surprise me that you have no reports of problems in this area.

If I travel approximately 1/2 mile in any direction no coverage issues.  Looking online, there are many complaints in this area.

Fred

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insight, Frschaumb48. I want to make sure you have the service you need. I would like to begin some troubleshooting on your device. Can you tell me, what troubleshooting have you done so far to see if it improves the call quality have the device?

Cheton_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frschaumb48

Installing phone updates, I have tried wifi calling but this only helps at home, not in the neighborhood.  Deactivating hd calling.  Rebooting phone, etc.

What else do you suggest that I try?

Fred

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frschaumb48, those were great steps to take. We are truly sorry to hear that many are experiencing this in the area. You mentioned that this seems to happen within 1/2 mile. Are there any recent changes to the area such as new construction or perhaps an influx of holiday travelers? Do you recall adding anything new to the phone shortly before this began? Are you experiencing any issue with text or data?Loren_VZW

0 Likes
frschaumb48

I have not added anything new to the phone.  Data is definitely a problem, very unreliable in the same area.  My wife also has the same problems with her iPhone and Verizon.  Could it be a problem with your tower?

Fred [removed]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re not giving up until we find out what’s causing the service trouble in your area, frschaumb48. The next steps we’ll take will require us to discuss some non-public information. I’ve sent a message to your community inbox so that we can continue troubleshooting.

George_VZW

0 Likes
frschaumb48

What message are you referring to?

Fred [removed]

0 Likes