Delete VW's Voice Mail Instructions
ellfeld
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my iPhone I've set up a custom greeting. When someone leaves me a voicemail message, they get my greeting, but then they get the Verizon message to leave a message or click for further options. This is completely duplicative and unnecessary. Can the Verizon default greeting be deleted?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delete VW's Voice Mail Instructions
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to adjust the settings within the voicemail system. A system that is connected to the Apple voicemail servers and not the voicemail system used by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ellfeld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure how to do that.  Have recorded my greeting on iPhone.  See no more settings to adjust.  When someone calls me they get my greeting and then the Verizon greeting.  Are you saying that there is an Apple voice mail system?

0 Likes
mutt4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

Were you able to eliminate the unnecessary Verizon VM instructions that follow your custom greeting? I am a new Verizon customer and I can't believe these instructions can't be removed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The voicemail feature is great to have with your phone mutt4me. The custom greeting is an awesome way to personalize that feature. When someone calls your voicemail box, they will still hear the additional instructions regarding how to proceed.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mutt4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that the custom greeting that I create is useful. I disagree that the Verizon voicemail instructions which follow my greeting are useful; they may have been necessary 10 years ago, but few, if any, callers today need instructions on how to leave a voicemail.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use the third party voicemail system like Google voicemail or You Mail all the benefits of Verizon's fee based Visual Voicemail, but it's free.)  With those systems, callers will hear your recorded greeting only (and you can even customize greetings for specific callers!) with no add on instructions.

0 Likes