Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Device Obsessed
Leavingsofast

Please. Just give us our phone number back. Forget about the device. She’s gone and not coming back. It’s time to move on. It’s hard for us too, but Verizon, we must move on. Sure, our temporary iPhone 7 Plus might be considered the “rebound”  but she’s a steady one and one we can always rely. She’s a good girl. One we call the ride or d*e.  The shiny bright iPhone 12 is gone baby gone.  She sought greener pastures and took off like a thief in the night .  . . Literally.

I’m not trying to file a claim.  I’m not trying to get her back.  I just want to move on and unchain my heart. Unchain this phone number associated with the two timing gold digging iPhone 12. She’s never coming back bro.
Verizon conflates devices with phone lines and really needs to focus on the service it was designed to do. Manage our lines. Get out of the device sales and just manage our existing paid for phone numbers.  It has now been 10 days that we cannot use a phone number we are paying for because Verizon will not or does not or refuses to understand that we no longer have access to a stolen/lost/not accessible device that it was previously associated with. She’s gone. Gone baby gone. And we will be too if you don’t release this phone number to us to use as we wish. 

0 Likes
Re: Device Obsessed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Leavingsofast, we never want to lose you as a loyal customer. I understand you need a good working phone at all times. I'm sorry the iPhone 12 is gone. 

Are you looking to port your number, or just put a different phone on your line? Please elaborate.  -Vanessa

0 Likes
Re: Device Obsessed
Leavingsofast

I’ve told the story to 5 agents and they do not communicate anything to the “tier” above them. I’ve had to repeat my SIM number and IMEA number and ICEaS what ever number I can’t tell you how many times. Each agent submits a “report”. Each agent says the device will be removed from the phone number and every day I see it is still there and “pending activation”. I ordered a replacement sim for our replacement temporary phone but cannot activate it because it’s still associated with a device I no longer have access to.  All agents have access to all the info in my account yet I’ve had to repeat myself over 50 times. Information so easy to find that I wonder if Verizon can look into accounts at all.  Are agents not allowed to share information with each other?  Are agents not allowed to look into our accounts for simple information line who the owner of the account is? I can imagine it’s pretty darn easy to phish Verizon after the h-ll I’ve been through and how sloppy the work has been. Verizon has always been so good to us. It was the first cell service that could service us all through the country without fail. I just think it got its eye off the ball and seeks fast money though phone sales. It doesn’t manage cell phone service. It cares about selling phones. 

Uh oh mommy “used a bad word” he doublehockeysticks!  and needs to “clean up” her language. Cute - very professional.   Who needs cell phone service when you’re treated like a 5 year old. 

0 Likes