Device payment buyout charge
Brit30

I had to cancel a phone line/servuce because the owner that particular line passed away but Verizon is still charging me $588.72 for a "device buyout." Why am I paying for a phone that I sent back and no one can use? So you get the phone plus almost $600? I'm confused and really need help understanding this. 

0 Likes
Re: Device payment buyout charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! I send my condolences on the passing of your family member, Brit30. Seeing a device payment charge when you sent the phone back can most certainly be alarming! Your Verizon Wireless bill is the last thing we'd want on your mind during this hard time. We're here to help! Was the phone sent back via mail, or taken into a store? Did the device have any liquid or physical damage? How long ago was the device sent back? 

-Kia

0 Likes
Brit30

Hi Kia,

First, thank you for your condolences. 

I sent the phone back via UPS on February 10 or 11th and the return center in Fort Worth, TX received it on the 14th.

The had no damage and was in perfect working condition.

0 Likes
Brit30

Screenshot_20220223-105636_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
Brit30

I also attached a picture of the ups delivery 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you get the support you need, ASAP, Brit30. I am here for support and happy to look into this device buyout charge and ensure this is resolved. For account specific support, please send us a Private Note through this platform. You can also reach out to us through Facebook/Twitter- we are available 24/7 through social media- in Private Message/DM for support. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are experiencing increased volumes. We will be with you shortly. Do not respond as this may cause delays in receiving a return message.

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for being patient, Brit30. We are saddened to hear this news but I am happy to work with you to turn things around and appreciate your efforts in returning the device. I am confident that we will make this right. Do you have a tracking number for your return? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes