Dial *611 Message
Enter_Name

I have a LG-VX5400 mobile phone that I've been using to connect to internet for past 7 years. This past few days, when I try to connect to the Verizon Wireless Mobile Web, I get a message that says "For Wireless Internet Services, please dial *611".

I get this message most of the time now, sometimes I don't & it connects, but mostly I get this message & can't connect.

I checked my account & everything is as it should be. I should be able to connect. Why am I getting this message?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dial *611 Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Enter_Name,

Look no further help is here! How long has this been happening? Are you able to make/receive calls and text okay? Where are you when this happens (zip)? Try this http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16982/ and then update the phone by dialing *228 send and selecting option 2. Retest and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Because most mobile Web service if not all has been retired. It was bill inserts and other notifications. You're going to have to switch to a new service.

Enter_Name

Well, it came back. Last couple days, I could once again connect to the Verizon Wireless Mobile Web. Then it went back to Dial *611.

I'll look thru recent bills to see if there's a notice I missed; however, doing a search on-line regarding the Verizon Wireless Mobile Web going the way of Windows 3.1 didn't really show up. Does anyone have a link to the announcement, and does anyone know why the *611 message comes up intermittently?

0 Likes
Enter_Name

If I shut the phone off, then remove the battery for a couple minutes, upon reinstalling & powering up, I'm able to connect to the Verizon Wireless Mobile Web.

I guess it's similar to those old phones people used to have to crank to get service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Enter_Name,

Look no further help is here! How long has this been happening? Are you able to make/receive calls and text okay? Where are you when this happens (zip)? Try this http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16982/ and then update the phone by dialing *228 send and selecting option 2. Retest and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Enter_Name

It's fine now.  Has been connecting with no problem.  Just in mid-July it was acting goofy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah got it! That's definitely good news to hear, Enter_Name. Odd that it was occurring, but happy to hear all is back to normal. If you have additional questions, or it happens to occur again, please let us know. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes