Did upgrading to "unlimited data" ruin all service?
PEGKEL84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does the terrible reception, text messages not sending, calls dropping or not being able to make a call in general have anything to do with upgrading to "unlimited data"? We didn't have the problem until we upgraded.

Labels (1)
Re: Did upgrading to "unlimited data" ruin all service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PEGKEL84, this far from the service experience we want to see you go through. We are here to help out. Making a change to this plan should not yield these types of results. Let's help take a closer look at this. What zip code are you located in? Does this occur only at home, or at all the locations you frequent? Are only calls and texts affected, or is your data connection also having issues?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PEGKEL84
Enthusiast - Level 3

We live in 56073, but it happens everywhere. We can be in New Ulm or in Mankato or out in the country and calls and text messages do not go through. Text messages will come through hours later. Data connection is poor everywhere we are. It always says we are offline or have no connection. We never have more than 2 or 3 bars of service no matter where we are. This didn't happen until we switched to unlimited data.

Thanks you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are very helpful, PEGKEL84. There aren't any trending alarms in that area, so let's help review things even further as this should not be your experience. (Especially if you have two to three bars.) What is the make and model of the phone you are using? When you experience these issues, do you notice any patters with the signal type and bars? (4G LTE or 1x/3G) Do you know of others that are also experiencing the same?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PEGKEL84
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its an Droid Z Play. Just purchased last November. I do not notice a pattern with the signal or bars. It happens any time throughout the day. Morning, afternoon, even evening. My husband sent me a picture message last night in the car (together) at 7:12 p.m. and it did not come through on my phone until 10:21 p.m. Myself, my husband, both of my in-laws are having the same problem and that's who I know of. Everyone works in different spots or towns and it happens all day and night for everyone. Its not just in one spot.

Thanks

0 Likes
PEGKEL84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just wanted everyone to know that this was never resolved. I was talked to by a representative for a while, but I am assuming they were out of excuses  why we have such terrible reception, service and data. I just can not understand how they can advertise themselves as "the largest 4G network" and you can be standing in the middle of a town and have absolutely no service. It doesn't make any sense.

VIRTUAL_REDNECK
Enthusiast - Level 1

What did they do? I am experiencing the similar issues after upgrading.

They tell me its just selective data service. Basically throttled.

Cellanne
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me and we did not upgrade. It's like they just turned down the signal strength in our area.

korrmck

Same problem with me here too.

0 Likes
korrmck

I have the same issue. Getting ready to change to T mobile

0 Likes