Did you know the tablets are now available with the Edge program?
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

While tablets are now able to be purchased with the Edge, the Device Payment Plan has been discontinued. So, if you want to pay over 12 months, to keep unlimited data, you are out of luck. Smiley Sad Either full price, or lose it and use Edge.

Just another way for Verizon to get rid of unlimited.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Did you know the tablets are now available with the Edge program?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where did you see this or hear the Device Payment Plan option is no longer available?

The website for the Device Payment Plan is still active. Verizon Device Payment Plan

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just trust me, Ann154. I called to try to do it, and they told me it was "grandfathered" and no new transactions are allowed Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was never available through the tele-sales in customer service. It was only available at the corporate stores.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, you can now add a tablet to your Nationwide plan, without changing the entire account to the More Everything plan!

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what they told me, that it had to be done in a store,  but they said it has now

been discontinued.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would check again. The problem is when you went to a corporate store and that is the only way to get it. The stores were telling customers that Verizon's device payment plan was only for tablets.

That is the first lie on their parts. The second thing the store would tell customers that if you used the plan you would still lose unlimited data, lie two.

You could not grandfather in a plan such as the device payment plan. Grandfathered to whom? Those who already choose it and are on it?  Those who got grandfathered in how? Maybe a wrong choice of word in your post.

Like Ann154 the plan is still showing on the Verizon wireless site.

I also called my former account executive at Verizon and he said he knew of no discontinuance of the program.

So unless you have advance information via working for Verizon wireless I would wait for the news release.

In your case I would go to a corporate store and insist on them honoring the Device Payment Plan. Maybe mention your attorney, or a state regulatory agency etc.

Good Luck

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will be going into a store for confirmation, but that is what the rep told me over the phone. I had the same feeling about the "Grandfathered", but that's what she said.  I will post details here in about an hour!

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector Confirmed. The DPP has been discontinued. Went into the corporate store, and spoke with a manager, and he says it is not offered anymore. Also, I called customer service again, and spoke to a manager there(took about an hour to get one) and she told me it has been discontinued as well. What to do, what to do?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well if it is anything like Verizon has been doing lately to get unlimited out of customers. They are more than likely lying.

I would insist on seeing it in writing. What I have read here is the store personnel are saying the code they use is not being accepted. I am thinking it is just going to be pay full price to keep unlimited data.

I am going to speak to the NY State account rep in the morning and see what she says.

Thanks for the head up.