Difficulty Switching Phones and No Data/SMS/Phone/MMS etc...
Degausser

Recently I have been looking into new phones and purchased a new HTC DNA from my friend. I know the phone is brand new and the associate at the Verizon store who activated the phone and SIM card confirmed the device is pristine. Unfortunately my transition from a 3G iPhone to a LTE Andriod device has NOT been easy. First I was unable to receive any SMS/MMS/Data/Voice for 2 days until I was finally able to research my phone and dial *228 and selection option 1 to have my phone reregister to the network.

After my vacation which I could not SMS or even check email on I was able to get a hold of a technician by live chat. My tech (Chris) was great; however we were unable to resolve my issue. We have to put in a ticket with network engineers to resolve a network issue with my phone. I do not at all blame my chat associate, in fact he was very kind/polite/intelligent. I commend him for his service so late at night and would expect him to be praised for his hard work.

I do expect more from Verizon's network and I pay A LOT for my service and expect a discount on my bill for staying through this issue. Right now I do plan on looking into AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint for my next contract. As I am out of contract right now and having this issue with a brand new phone I cannot justify spending this amount of money when I am just giving Verizon more bandwidth to use for other services. Tomorrow (8/22/14) I plan on visiting AT&T, Spring, and T-Mobile to see what deals they can offer me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Difficulty Switching Phones and No Data/SMS/Phone/MMS etc...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Degausser,

Your business means the world to us and we can't imagine seeing you go! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and would love the opportunity to help provide a resolution.

What zip code are you experiencing these issues in? Are you still having trouble with all voice, data and text services? Any other users in the area having the same issue?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Degausser

The area code I was in is 21046; however, I was on travel and each city I

visited on the east coast was the same scenario. Only 2 bars of service max

and unable to send normal SMS messages.

On Aug 22, 2014 7:05 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Degausser,

Thank you for that information. It's very helpful in figuring out if this is an issue with the network or your phone. From the description you've given it certainly sounds like there may be an issue with the phone itself and how it activated. The Droid DNA is a 4G LTE phone, and therefore does not activate the same way your former iPhone did. It needs a SIM card to use our network, and if your friend gave you one with the phone that's probably the issue. All Direct Stores http://bit.ly/3SdsA can give you a brand new SIM card free of charge, and ensure that it's properly activated onto your phone number. This should take care of the issue in one quick trip!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Degausser

I visited a Verizon store on the first day I got the phone and received a

new sim from the associate.

On Aug 23, 2014 10:07 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for offering these details, Degausser. It is possible the original SIM is defective and a replacement may be effective. Also we have seen the SIM tray cause concern with connection. This can be replaced by calling HTC at 866-449-8358.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Degausser

Verizon Rep,

Again, I had the Verizon Store associate install the sim card and go

over the phone very thoroughly. She was in the back for about 45 minutes

checking over the phone and gave me clarification that the phone is in

pristine condition. I am also very experienced in these matters and know

this is not an issue with the phone. Once more if I dial *228 and

selection option 1, I get no more service than 2 bars of 3G on this 4G

phone and still cannot send MMS messages. I still also have NOT heard

from a network engineer on this issue and am very upset. I should not

have have to go through these means just to use a phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why in the world are you dialing *228 on a 4G LTE smartphone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Degausser

Better to have some, rather than no service/data…

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

AAnd that's where your problem is. You do not dial *228 on a 4g device. It fries the sim.

if you are so experiencd in these issues why are you here looking for help?

go back to a store, explain what you did, and hopefully they can help. But I will warn you that the warranty does not transfer from owner to owner so if it's truly the phone you won't get a replacement.

best wishes

0 Likes