Digital Secure
FC77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has now charged me $5.00 per month repeatedly for 'Digital Secure' despite multiple calls and chats to have it removed.

It shows up as 'free' in my Account, yet keeps charging, and cannot be removed. The screen simply throws up an error when there is an attempt to use it. After hours on chat, the rep confirmed their web site is broken.

They created ticket # last time to avoid a repeating charge,  and to have the service removed from my account. But -- it is BACK BABY!

I am posting here because last time I spent hours on chat, but of course my time is free. And iI wil note that if after an hour the chat dies, it is recorded as an 'abandoned chat' -- as was explained to me. They will not call back and claim request was cancelled.

So, Verizon, find the ticket, find the phone no which is xxx-921-xxx8, fix it and call me FOR a change. In the interim, I will be posting on this thread.

Re: Digital Secure -- Beware the sign up, you may never be able to cancel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will do all we can to find out what is going on with the Digital Secure, FC77. We are sending a private note to discuss the details. 

-George

0 Likes
FC77
Enthusiast - Level 1

One month later, multiple private messages with tech/customer support (George, Sean, and Lorenzo) sent to me politely promising resolutions and updates and --- today, new bill shows up and of course, the charge is still there and accruing, and removal of app via web site still breaks.

But -- new twist, I found when responding to the private messages I cannot do so any longer,, because, according to Verizon web site when I press reply, I have "exceeded the number of private messages I am allowed to send"  

Kafkaesque

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you get the support you need, ASAP, FC77. We are here for support through this platform, and through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Could you please send us a message through one of our other channels if experiencing this error here in private messages (Private Note)? We are standing by to help! 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
SAMSAL10

Cancel   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that any concerns you might currently have about your service are clarfied. Could you please provide us with more details about yoru current concern?~Geo

0 Likes
Re: Digital Secure
TPetty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing the same nightmare.  The $5 charge appears each month on my bill.  I can't cancel it, because when you click on Services and Perks to manage it, it doesn't show that I'm even subscribed to Digital Secure Line.  After 4 hours on 4 separate days of being on the phone with customer support - - I've received ZERO resolution.  I went to 2 Verizon stores and they were unable to help too. 

Have you had any resolution?

Re: Digital Secure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you're having this issue with your bill, as we know how important it is to manage your account, we'll be glad to help out. To better assist you, we will send you a private message. 

~Freddy

0 Likes
Frogface2
Enthusiast - Level 1

April 2024 I'm having the same problem. According to our service information we do not show that we have it. But it keeps warning me that it's going to Bill me but there's no way to cancel it inside our phone service. It doesn't even show we have it inside the phone service. According to my screenshot I'm not even eligible to have it. I only have a couple more days before it bills me. Somebody needs to remove this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frogface2, we never want you to be billed for a service you're not using, and we're going to do everything we can to help you. We''d love to take a closer look at your account and make sure this isn't removed and you see no charge. 

You can also manage your services using the steps outlined in this link to see if you're able to remove it: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206367/

~Jesse

0 Likes