Disappointed customer
Snagler1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never had such a horrible experience with Verizon as I had yesterday trying to upgrade my phone. First, I am forced to change my plan which I have had for years and was very happy with. Then, I'm being pushed into buying a phone on monthly payments which means I'd be paying an extra $380 for the phone i want because my upgrade eligibility wouldn't apply. And to top it all off, something went wrong and my "pick up in store selection" didn't make it on my confirmed order. I was told the order was cancelled so I could pick up in store after work. I go to the store and wouldn't you know IT couldn't cancel my order so I may put may not get a phone on Monday?(No one could tell me if the order was still going to process)..even though, it promises 2 day shipping. Why doesn't Verizon have an option to cancel your order on the confirmation email you receive? It really shouldn't be this time consuming and hard to want a new phone because yours doesn't charge and shows wear and tear from being used daily for 2 years so it isn't covered under the Verizon protection plan. Thanks for making me feel like a valued longtime customer! (At least you still have better customer service than T-mobile)

Labels (1)
Re: Disappointed customer
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon does not force you to change plans in order to purchase a new phone. There are people with grandfathered plans making phone purchases all the time.

If you THINK you are going to be paying an extra $380 for the phone on payments over what you would be paying for a subsidized contract phone, you have not done the math. This is just not the case. It will work out to paying LESS on payments vs the discounted contract phone.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed customer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you visit a corporate store or a premium retailer? You shouldn't have been required to change your plan in order to get a new phone. Which plan do you have? Depending on the phone you wanted to purchase, the two year contract price option can actually be more expensive over two years then purchasing under the installment option.

More information is needed for the community members to understand the situation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes