Disappointed disallusioned and dissatified am I the only one
stealhorse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Although I doubt this post will ever be seen by anyone, I still feel the need to tell Verizon that they are so far removed from there customer base it is no longer funny. I have been a loyal customer since it was Bell Atlantic NYNEX mobile and come July the 10th 2015 I will no longer be paying outrageous prices for mediocre  services. It is my point of view that the powers that be have taken a once great customer orientated company and successfully destroyed the foundation on which it was built. example I was known as Mr. Gardner at my local Verizon store and the manager of that store had the power to make decisions to satisfy customer needs. Same store today I am a account# and nobody has the authority to fix anything. I would like to say that leaving a company with which I have done business with for numerous years saddens me, but that would be a lie. The company I enjoyed doing business is no longer around so I will be skipping and singing all the way out the door and down the street to a cellular provider that remembers something about customer service equals customer loyalty.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed disallusioned and dissatified am I the only one
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Why is this post in the HTC One forum?  The HTC One isn't mentioned.

Seems like this post belongs in a general Verizon Wireless service discussion forum, not a forum that's about a specific device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a loyal customer of ours for many years, we certainly do not want to lose you stealhorse. Allow us to restore your confidence in our customer service. What exactly is going on with your account, that has not been fixed? Please share details.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are not the only "loyal" Verizon customer. Every single one of us on this forum is and we have all dealt with their customer service. Before you switch carriers because your in search for exceptional customer service you should no that NO phone company has that. Check the reviews on both At&t and sprint. You choose a cellular provider because of the coverage and the phone service. I wouldn't recommend leaving because no one knows who you are/ your account number, but that's just me.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm guessing you don't go anywhere if the requirements to obtain and keep your business is for them to know you by name. If you want the small town feel, move to a small town. You've been with Verizon for a long time and I'm guessing the employees at your preferred store have changed numerous times and unless you are in there daily, then yes, you are another customer and yes, you still need to provide your ID when making changes to your account and depending on what those changes are, you may need to call customer service from the comfort of your home with the mobile phone you pay for. These days the stores are good for minor changes to your account, replacing SIM cards and purchasing. Troubleshooting a device and account changes are best made by contacting them:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I've worked in retail for over 22 years. I have worked in business where I sold these devices. I have worked in numerous other business as well. I have seen sooo many people and I can't be faulted for not knowing their name after they leave the store. You're talking about a different time when very few people had mobile devices and the only way to get questions answered or any services taken care of was to visit the store. And if said store was close to your home, the chances of the employees living in the same neighborhood were high. I have worked in places where people traveled from up to 60 miles away to work. Maybe more. With a family of 5 having 5 mobile phones in the house, things are way different.

Hope that you can find the greener grass.

0 Likes
Smokefyre

You're not alone. Through an error of my own, my phone went back to original settings and I went out to the Cloud for backup. The long and the short of it is that my contacts were on the Verizon Cloud one minute and gone a few minutes later and nobody can help me. The Cloud was NOT something I wanted, but I was stuck with it and now my data is gone - four years of phone numbers that I have lost. They don't care.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Smokefyre wrote:

You're not alone. Through an error of my own, my phone went back to original settings and I went out to the Cloud for backup. The long and the short of it is that my contacts were on the Verizon Cloud one minute and gone a few minutes later and nobody can help me. The Cloud was NOT something I wanted, but I was stuck with it and now my data is gone - four years of phone numbers that I have lost. They don't care.

What does this have to do with the topic?

Sorry that you lost your contacts. Start a thread for that and maybe we can help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Smokefyre,

We don't want you to feel this way, I just completed a factory reset and know how important it is to be able to restore your saved contacts. I am here to help. What device model do you have? Any error messages when you try to restore them? Did you access your Verizon Cloud on your PC?
 Was any other content restored?

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smg058
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completely disagree with your statement. While I agree that coverage is a large part of the decision, when you choose a company for ANY service, especially when it's the largest provider of that service (and typically the most expensive), it had better come with the absolute best customer service in the industry, and it just doesn't.

That's not to say that other companies don't have their issues, because most do, but you don't land yourself on top 5 worst lists multiple years on lifehacker, receive poor rating from CNET and JDPower if your service is "good". (BTW AT&T scored the highest for full service providers in 2014-2015 with JD Power..not sure where your information on them being terrible came from).

My biggest frustration with Verizon is that for being the biggest provider there are things that they should be doing, most notably:

- Have the best customer service in the industry...hands down. This is not even remotely the case and quick glance over these forums will tell you that but do the research and look at the ratings by companies that rate all major companies like JD Power.

- They should be ahead of the curve with technology and cutting edge, unique features that help their customers. The truth is they are often behind when rolling out features and it's often in response to offers made by smaller companies.  No contracts was in response to other carriers doing it first. Take the Edge program, which was an answer to T-Mobile's Jump! program. They had an opportunity to do something better than T-Mobile, but they chose to do the same. Now T-Mobile has just announced the Jump! On Demand program where you can switch phones 3 times per year without paying 50% of the device first. Two questions arise from that. (1) Why didn't Verizon think of something like this first. (2) Will Verizon once again answer with a like service because they will again begin to lost customers.

- They constantly are doing things that are so blatantly against customer service that it's getting quite atrocious. Take the LG G4, for example. This is a phone that has some pretty unique features that separate it from other phones, yet Verizon decided to disable most of those features to quietly force customers into their own products. When will it be enough? Is 71 billion not enough income that you need to disable simple things like smart settings or FM Radios? Both Google Play and iTunes have radios so the reason for disabling an FM radio of all things is just pointless. Disabling features that take advantage of a Wi-Fi first philosophy to push customers to use their data is something that quite honestly should be criminal, but at the very least it's a clear depiction of how Verizon views its own customer base. It was a great opportunity to help customers save money, and it's been completely omitted on the Verizon version of the phone.

In an era where things are moving more and more toward a "Wi-Fi FIrst" mentality, it would be a wise decision for Verizon to put aside the mentality of the past and start looking toward the future and how they will fit in. I'm sure that Google would have rather partnered with Verizon than Sprint and T-Mobile for their new Project FI service but because of the ridiculous history between the two companies, that's just not a realistic possibility. So instead, Google, who develops the most widely used smartphone os for Verizon (and the world) is now in a position where they will compete directly with Verizon and give customers access to 2 networks while utilizing the Wi-Fi first mentality which will undoubtedly save customers money. Furthermore, data not used in their monthly plan will be physically credited to their account...not rollover, but actual money credited each month.

With changes like this already happening, the mentality at Verizon will need to change, and change fast for them to remain in the top spot for much longer.

0 Likes