Disappointed & they've stolen my phones!!1
dino2439
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like after 9 years as a loyal customer to Verizon, I will now have to switch to another provider! I've been dealing with customer service since January on a couple of issues and have gotten nowhere. I spent over an hour on the phone this morning trying to get the issues resolved to no avail. Not sure if the rep that I was talking to did not want to forward me to a supervisor, as it might hurt his customer service rating, or if Verizon Wireless supervisors just don't care!

The back-story: I upgraded three I-phone 4's to 5S's back in December, one on the Edge program & the other 2 through the standard upgrade. This started all my problems, the first being that the rep never mentioned that I had to return the phone from the line that was being upgraded under the Edge program. That was no big deal though, as I sent a phone back as requested. All of a sudden a $299 charge shows up against my account because the phone had not been returned.  Thus my calls to customer service began. After providing the tracking info & proof of delivery to Verizon, I was assured that the charge would be reversed. A few weeks later the charge was still there & was now past due. I called again & had to "jump through the same hoops" again! The rep stated that the phone must have been lost & that I would receive a credit. A few weeks later, no credit so I called again. This time I was advised that the incorrect phone had been returned & that they would send me the return info for the correct phone. The fact that it took this long to figure this out highly irritated me but again I returned the phone (actually sent the other 2 back to make sure they had what they needed). After a couple more weeks I verified through the trakcing number that Verizon had received the phones & called again to find out when my account would be credited. That rep advised me to call Verizon financial to notify them that the phone had been returned, so I did. Then I find out that Verizon is not going to credit the amount because the phone had not been returned in time, after I had been working with them for 4 months on this, with it being noted on my account! They send me back to customer service where I spent over an hour talking to a "brick wall". After getting nowhere I asked to speak to a supervisor & the rep just kept putting me on hold! Now I have paid them the $299, and requested my phones be returned to me! guess what? They will not return my phones, nor issue a credit, even with proof that they received the phones! Sounds like theft to me!!!

Other issue was that they dropped the loyalty discount off of two of my lines(understandable on the Edge program line) during all of this process & will not fix the issue!

Verizon Wireless, you've got some major issues to overcome if you want to keep me as a customer!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Disappointed & they've stolen my phones!!1
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I know that for whatever reason Verizon doesn't return phones sent to them under these programs. You may have to get a lawyer involved to try and get some resolution to this.

As far as the loyalty credit, are you referring to the old $50 credit they would give at upgrade? If so, they did away with this a few years ago so there's no error on that. If you're talking about some other credit you may have to be a little more specific to verify if that credit no longer exists or if you need to push for it to be corrected.

0 Likes
dino2439
Enthusiast - Level 1

The loyalty credit is a $10 per month per line credit that they will throw at you if you talk about switching providers. It's a 12 month program & is showing on 3 of my 5 lines. The discount took place at the same time for all the lines...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Wonder if they removed it because you upgraded. Once you upgraded to a new 2 year contract they know you can't leave without fees. Hopefully you can get it back but that may be the reason it's gone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

In this situation, you should proceed to formal written complaint and ask for mediation or arbitration OR take it to small claims court. Either way, put it in writing as indicated in the terms of service, as it is the only way to preserve your rights.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180-DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.

0 Likes