Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Discontinued Price Correction
DennisC461

Hello all!

I wanted to see if anyone has run into a similar issue. Last year I updated my contract with Verizon, in doing so I was quoted a price that was agreed upon. After receiving my first bill I noticed that pricing was slightly off, as such I contacted Verizon. After explaining my concern I was provided with a manual correction to my account, adjusting the total to the agreed upon price. I was told that this correction would be made for 12 months, after which I would just need to call in and get it extended for another 12 months to ensure the price quoted is the price received.

I recently noticed that the correction was not being made, so I contacted customer service again. I shared the chat transcript with them that outlined all the detail from my previous conversation, including the instruction to call back in to get the correction extended. I was told that they would make the correction for this year however they would NOT extend the correction through the next year, and could not provide a reason why. 

The only thing that has me scratching my head, well that's a lie a lot has me scratching my head here, this isn't a promotional discount that was awarded for a specific time frame. This is a correction to the account to match the quoted price. The other issue is that I have the transcript that shows that they had promised this correction to extend through the entire contract and now they are not willing to fulfill this promise. I have never experienced anything like this before and feel like I am being unfairly treated. 

I don't want you to think that I am bashing Verizon. I am a long time customer and have been pleased with their service to this point. However, this is not a insignificant amount of money and it hurts. 

Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes