Discouraged loyal customer of over 14years
hamilton3729

I have been a verizonwireless customer for over 14years. They have went downhill in their support level as far as being able to reach them any other way than phone or mail. On average i have been on hold for atleast 30 minutes, most of the time the average is 45mins to a hour.  I currently have 6 devices on the plan. and because of medical hardships from all the medical bills and doctors bills from my wife losing her battle with cancer this past year. I have been behind alot and explained the situation and have always made good. Well because of the quarter of a million dollars of bills due to my late wifes terminal illness I had to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy to still be able to support my family of 6 still surviving. Well three days after filing Verizon wireless suspended all service with no way to re-activete it other than coming into a store.  I am not going that route and was going to keep the service even through bankruptcy. but not now. No warning... no notification... they just pull the plug and charge you a $15 dollar fee per device to reactive. Well this is the last $90's they are getting from me to reactive the service. I will find another carrier. and will apply with whole verizon bill over to the bankruptcy. Yes i am a bit sour about all this.. Verizonwireless use to be a respectiable company. but it appears they are getting just as bad as their counterpart Verizon. customers is just a dollar amount to them no face associated with it at all. plus the third party outsource verizonwireless billing calls are getting on my last nerve.. get about 20 a day.. and it you talk to one you would think there would be something  recorded but no... so i stopped answering them.. See ya Verizon wireless..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Discouraged loyal customer of over 14years
budone
Legend

I am so sorry for your loss. The issue is VZW was served notice you have filed for bankruptcy. You served them court papers basically. They can not contact you any longer by law, to try and get the money. So unless you go in and make arrangements, they have decided to cut the losses now as you are presently past due and they do not want to incur any further losses.

You will find this with all your creditors at this point.

Unless you go prepay, with the looming bankruptcy, you will pay a much larger deposit than the $75 (not $90) in reactivation fees.

0 Likes
hamilton3729

The only thing is that I don't think they were notified as I did not submit any bills through the lawyer for them.

I contacted then via certified letter explaining how I wanting to keep this and work it out.

Then yesterday after I was pissed I faxed their bankruptcy service with a copy of my filing notice.

So not sure unless they stay in my credit report as they were not a creditor that was filed.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately when you sent that letter to verizon with your valid explanation and the possibility of a Bankruptcy filing, there is or was an assumption you were adding them in the filing.

When you do a creditor list for the court the clerk notifys the creditors so as to file a dispute you filing or the desire to appear at your hearing. Never reaffirm any debt after you file or its non dischargeable at your hearing with the trustee.

I am sure your attorney told you this. Once any creditor named in the filing is alerted they can no longer harass you for payments.

In paperwork I filed for a young lady years ago I told her to make sure she gave me a complete list of everyone she owes, however she overlooked an account and it was not included and she was stuck paying after the discharge so its probably best verizon was included.

However after you leave bankruptcy you would be a new customer if you appkied again to verizon and they may at the time ask for deposits to grant you service. They may not but its a thought to ponder.

Soory for your difficulty

0 Likes
hamilton3729

Well I will add them now.. and will look for another wireless carrier. Not much other than verizon in my area though.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
hamilton3729

And yes I have till the end of the week as my lawyer said a mod of creditor list cost $30 but I do have a couple to add. Might just piggyback on a friends plan and pay out of pocket for my cost to them until this is all said and done in 5 years.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:14 AM

To: Ray << Full name edited to comply with >>

Subject: Re: Discouraged loyal customer of over 14years - Re: Discouraged loyal customer of over 14years

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Add on everything and everybody. Don't forget the gas company, cable company, trash company, anyone including personal family debts, banks, auto loans everything.

You can reafirm on autos etc. Any charge cards that are still valid and usable I expect you will not include on the list.

The judge will ask if this is everything and let your lawyer or advocate do the talking. If the court finds you have concealed any cards or assets you will not get a discharge.

Transfers of assets to trusts or relatives also is frowned upon. Get a real good attorney.

0 Likes
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

bankruptcy PRE-filing charge

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes