Discrimination against disability
Awin88
Enthusiast - Level 1

My mother asked on live chat to chat to a supervisor after the agent was rude. The agent told her she would have to call a number and my mother told her she was a deaf mute and the agent kept being rude and kept telling my mother to call a number to take to a supervisor (a deaf mute cannot do this obviously). I saw my mother was very upset and took the phone and chatted with the rep and still didn't get anywhere. I ended the chat and started a new one and that agent said she would put in an escalation. I never heard anything from Verizon and so I made a phone call to God knows where (I literally hear roosters crowing in the background) and again was told it would be escalated. Days later still no call from a supervisor. The rep that discriminated against my mother was named Cassie (she refused to give me her employee id or any other info). Since I haven't heard anything should I contact my lawyer for the emotional distress and discrimination against my disabled mother?

Re: Discrimination against disability
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to reach out to customer service through the dedicated number for people with disabilities. https://www.verizon.com/about/privacy/accessibility/visual-assistance

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awin88, we know that being able to go in store and get the best support possible is  a must and we are here to listen to what happened and turn this around. Please send us a private Note for better assistance. *Jose

0 Likes
Awin88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go in store? This happened on live chat? Did you even read what I wrote?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awin88,

I am truly sorry of your mother's experience when she reached out to us on chat! We know how important it is for assistance to be accessible, and we want to help. If you still need assistance with your account, one option would be to reach out to our Accessibility Customer Service Center at 1-888-262-1999. They are available 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST on weekdays. Another option would be to reply to us right here through Private Message, and we would be happy to help out. https://www.verizon.com/about/privacy/accessibility/visual-assistance   -Michelle

0 Likes